Our best low carb & keto appetizers
All of the included recipes are keto-friendly and simple to prepare at home. In fact, many of them don’t require any cooking at all.
If so, your search ends here. It doesn’t matter if you’re feeding a crowd or just having a cozy evening by yourself — we’ve got all the tasty ideas you need.
Popular low-carb appetizers
What are ‘good’ keto appetizers?
A “good” keto appetizer can really be any type of food that you like, as long as it’s low on carbs and works as a starter — not a full-sized meal.
Below, we have listed keto-friendly foods, along with simple recipes that work perfectly as an appetizer or side dish.
Top 5 appetizer ideas:
- Cold cuts: Add a little extra flavor and texture to your typical Charcuterie platter by adding olives, capers, or Pickled red onions.
- Cheese: As time saver on busy days, eat a bite of your favorite cheese as is — or give any of our more festive recipes a try: Oven-baked Brie cheese, Salami and cheese chips, or Keto cheddar cheese and bacon balls.
- Veggies and dip: Cut your favorite keto vegetables 1 into sticks and enjoy a satisfying dip on a serving plate or rustic cutting board. If you want extra crunchiness, use our Keto ranch dressing with bacon and veggies for inspiration and add slices of crispy bacon.
- Keto chips and fries: With our Zucchini chips or Eggplant fries, you wont miss traditional chips, crisps, or fries. Serve as a side dish or starter while waiting for the main course.
- Filled avocados: With its creamy texture and rich taste, avocado can be combined with almost anything. Salmon-filled and Tuna-stuffed avocados are two simple favorites that require next to no effort.
Mexican appetizersMexican food is without a doubt one of the world’s most flavorful cuisines. That said, it’s no wonder we decided to create healthy low carb and keto options inspired by some of the most popular Mexican food classics.
Below you’ll find six of our most authentic recipes — perfect as a starter or as a side dish.