Our best low-carb & keto appetizers
All of the included recipes are keto-friendly and simple to prepare at home. In fact, many of them don’t require any cooking at all.
If so, your search ends here. It doesn’t matter if you’re feeding a crowd or just having a cozy evening by yourself — we’ve got all the tasty ideas you need.
Popular low-carb appetizers
What are ‘good’ keto appetizers?
A “good” keto appetizer can really be any type of food that you like, as long as it’s low on carbs and works as a starter — not a full-sized meal.
Below, we have listed keto-friendly foods, along with simple recipes that work perfectly as an appetizer or side dish.
Top 5 appetizer ideas:
- Cold cuts: Add a little extra flavor and texture to your typical Charcuterie platter by adding olives, capers, or Pickled red onions.
- Cheese: As time saver on busy days, eat a bite of your favorite cheese as is — or give any of our more festive recipes a try: Oven-baked Brie cheese, Salami and cheese chips, or Keto cheddar cheese and bacon balls.
- Veggies and dip: Cut your favorite keto vegetables 1 into sticks and enjoy a satisfying dip on a serving plate or rustic cutting board. If you want extra crunchiness, use our Keto ranch dressing with bacon and veggies for inspiration and add slices of crispy bacon.
- Keto chips and fries: With our Zucchini chips or Eggplant fries, you wont miss traditional chips, crisps, or fries. Serve as a side dish or starter while waiting for the main course.
- Filled avocados: With its creamy texture and rich taste, avocado can be combined with almost anything. Salmon-filled and Tuna-stuffed avocados are two simple favorites that require next to no effort.
Mexican appetizersMexican food is without a doubt one of the world’s most flavorful cuisines. That said, it’s no wonder we decided to create healthy low-carb and keto options inspired by some of the most popular Mexican food classics.
Below you’ll find six of our most authentic recipes — perfect as a starter or as a side dish.