Keto prosciutto cotto and blue cheese plate
Simple, real food on a plate. Ham. Cheese. Endive and nuts for crunch. Because a keto dinner doesn't have to be complicated.
- 9 oz. 260 g prosciutto, sliced or smoked deli ham
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 5 oz. 140 g blue cheese
- 1 oz. (41⁄3 tbsp) 28 g (65 ml) walnuts
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp capers or olives
- 2 2 endive or baby gem lettuce, sliced in thin wedges
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ ½ lemon, wedgeslemons, wedges
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped (optional)
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Place thinly-sliced ham, mayonnaise, cheese, nuts, capers, and endive on a plate.
- Serve with olive oil, a wedge of lemon, and some finely-chopped fresh parsley.
Many different kinds of deli ham will do (Black Forest, Virginia, Slow-cooked, etc.), but stay away from any ham with added sugar, such as Honey Roast ham.
Add chopped, fresh herbs such as parsley or chives to the mayonnaise for extra flavor.
Olives can work well in place of capers for something like this. Since this is a "plate" where the components stay separate, you can replace the endive with lettuce or spinach or other leafy green.