Salad in a jar
- 4 oz. 110 g smoked salmon or rotisserie chicken or other protein of your choicerotisserie chickens or other protein of your choice
- 1 oz. 30 g leafy greens
- 1 oz. 30 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 oz. 30 g red bell pepperred bell peppers
- 1 oz. 30 g cucumber
- ½ ½ scallionscallions
- ¼ cup 60 ml mayonnaise or olive oil
- Shred or chop vegetables of your choice. First, put dark leafy greens such as spinach or arugula at the bottom of the jar. Iceberg lettuce or romaine works too. Green and red cabbage gives a fresh crunch. Chopped broccoli or cauliflower also works great.
- Add sliced onion rings, shredded carrot, avocado, different bell peppers and tomato in layers.
- We have chosen to top our salad with smoked salmon and grilled chicken, but you can of course use your own favorite protein, boiled eggs, mackerel or canned tuna fish or any kind of cold cuts you want. Olives, nuts, seeds and cheese cubes are great flavorful additions.
- To feel satisfied, you may want to add a generous amount of dressing or mayonnaise that you store in a separate little jar or bottle and add right before serving.