Salad in a jar
- 1 oz. (½ cup) 28 g (120 ml) leafy greens
- ½ (¼ oz.) ½ (7.5 g) , sliced, sliced
- 1 (2¼ oz.) 1 (60 g) carrotcarrots
- 1 (7 oz.) 1 (200 g) avocadoavocados
- 1 oz. (3 tbsp) 28 g (45 ml)
- 1 oz. 28 g cherry tomatoes
- 4 oz. 110 g smoked salmon or rotisserie chicken
- ¼ cup 60 ml mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise or olive oil
- Shred or chop the vegetables.
- First, put the dark leafy greens at the bottom of the jar.
- Add scallion, carrot, avocado, bell peppers and tomato in layers.
- Top with smoked salmon or grilled chicken.
- Add mayo right before serving.
We have chosen to top our salad with smoked salmon and grilled chicken, but you can of course use your own favorite protein, boiled eggs, mackerel, or canned tuna fish, or any kind of cold cuts you want. Olives, nuts, seeds, and cheese cubes are great flavorful additions.
Leafy greens such as spinach or arugula are great for this recipe. Iceberg lettuce or romaine works too. Green and red cabbage give a fresh crunch. Chopped broccoli or cauliflower also works great.