Keto Asian chicken with peanut coleslaw
- 2 lbs 900 g chicken thighs (bone-in with skin)
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste,or fresh minced ginger and garlic
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 8 oz. 230 g , finely sliced
- 6 oz. 170 g bean sprouts
- ½ ½ red chili pepper, finely slicedred chili peppers, finely sliced
- 2 oz. 55 g carrot, juliennedcarrots, julienned
- 1 oz. (1¾ cups) 28 g (425 ml) , roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a small bowl, whisk together the marinade ingredients. Place the chicken in a ziplock bag, and add the marinade to completely coat the chicken. Set aside for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Place the chicken thighs, skin-side up on a broiler or baking pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes depending on the size of the thighs, or until the skin is crispy and golden brown and the internal temperature is 165°F (74°C). Set aside to cool.
- Add the coleslaw ingredients to a large bowl. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Pour it over the coleslaw, and give it a good mix.
- Divide the coleslaw into individual serving bowls, or leave in the current bowl. Garnish with the chicken, diced avocado, chili, and a lime wedge. Another option: Serve the chicken thighs with the coleslaw on the side.