Keto Asian chicken with peanut coleslaw
- 2½ lbs 1.1 kg chicken thighs (bone-in with skin)
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp (15 g) ginger garlic paste,or fresh minced ginger and garlic
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 8 oz. 225 g , finely sliced
- 6 oz. 175 g bean sprouts
- ½ ½ red chili pepper, finely slicedred chili peppers, finely sliced
- 1 1 carrot, juliennedcarrots, julienned
- 1 oz. 30 g , roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp peanut butter
- ¾ cup 175 ml mayonnaise
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp sriracha sauce
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 1 tsp 1 tsp (5 g) ginger garlic paste
- 1 1 avocado, dicedavocados, diced
- 1 1 lime quarteredlimes quartered
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp (optional)
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp red chili pepper, finely slicedred chili peppers, finely sliced (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a small bowl, whisk together the marinade ingredients. Place the chicken in a ziplock bag, and add the marinade to completely coat the chicken. Set aside for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Place the chicken thighs, skin-side up on a broiler or baking pan. Bake for 40 minutes, or until the internal temperature is 165°F/74°C, and the chicken is golden brown. Set aside to cool and then slice into 2" x 1" (5-2,5 cm) slices.
- Add the coleslaw ingredients to a large bowl, and in a smaller bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Pour it over the coleslaw, and give it a good mix!
- Divide the coleslaw into individual serving bowls, or leave in the current bowl. Garnish with the sliced chicken, diced avocado, chili, and a lime wedge. Another option: Serve the chicken thighs with the coleslaw on the side.