Venezuelan keto chicken salad
- 1 lb 450 g chicken breast (without skin)chicken breasts (without skin)
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 cup 240 ml water
- 2 (14 oz.) 2 (400 g) ripe avocado, pitted and choppedripe avocados, pitted and chopped
- ½ cup 120 ml minced
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1½ tsp 1½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp lime juice, the juice
- Season the chicken breast all over with salt.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with half of the olive oil. When it comes to temperature add the chicken breast and sear 5 minutes on each side. Add the water to the skillet and put a tight-fitting lid on it, let it simmer for about 20 minutes or until the water cooks off.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and shred it. Let it cool before making the salad.
- For the salad, mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl until well combined and creamy.
- Taste and adjust salt as needed.
Serve this inside of butter lettuce wraps! It’s a great meal prep recipe.
You can also use chicken pulled from a rotisserie chicken — any leftover chicken will be happy to turn into this fabulous salad.
For more flavor, add minced garlic, cayenne pepper, and chopped red onion.