Keto no-noodle chicken soup
- 4 oz. 110 g butter
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp dried minced onion
- 2 (2¾ oz.) 2 (80 g) celery stalk, choppedcelery stalks, chopped
- 6 oz. (2½ cups) 170 g (600 ml) mushrooms, sliced
- 2 2 minced garlic cloveminced garlic cloves
- 8 cups 1.9 liters chicken broth
- 2 oz. (7 tbsp) 55 g (100 ml) carrot, slicedcarrots, sliced
- 2 tsp 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1½ (22⁄3 lbs) 1½ (1.2 kg) rotisserie chicken* , shredded
- 5 oz. 140 g , sliced into strips
- Melt the butter in a large pot, over medium heat.
- Add dried onion, chopped celery, sliced mushrooms and garlic into the pot and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add broth, sliced carrot, parsley, salt, and pepper. Simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Add cooked chicken and cabbage. Simmer for an additional 8-12 minutes until the cabbage “noodles” are tender.
*One rotisserie chicken yields about 4 cups (1.25 lb, 600 g) of shredded white and dark chicken meat.
This cabbage soup freezes well for those times when you don’t feel like cooking, but you need a healthy chicken no-noodle soup! You can also store it in the refrigerator for up to four days.