Keto no-noodle chicken soup
- 4 oz. 110 g butter
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp dried minced onion
- 2 (2¾ oz.) 2 (80 g) celery stalk, choppedcelery stalks, chopped
- 6 oz. 170 g mushrooms, sliced
- 2 2 minced garlic cloveminced garlic cloves
- 8 cups 1.9 liters chicken broth
- 2 oz. 55 g carrot, slicedcarrots, sliced
- 2 tsp 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1½ (22⁄3 lbs) 1½ (1.2 kg) rotisserie chicken* , shredded
- 5 oz. 140 g , sliced into strips
- Melt the butter in a large pot, over medium heat.
- Add dried onion, chopped celery, sliced mushrooms and garlic into the pot and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add broth, sliced carrot, parsley, salt, and pepper. Simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Add cooked chicken and cabbage. Simmer for an additional 8-12 minutes until the cabbage “noodles” are tender.
*One rotisserie chicken yields about 4 cups (1.25 lb, 600 g) of shredded white and dark chicken meat.
Get moreStart free trial
Keto chicken soup quick tip
This cabbage soup freezes well for those times when you don’t feel like cooking, but you need a healthy chicken no-noodle soup! You can also store it in the refrigerator for up to four days.