Keto coconut curry chicken
- 2 2 stalks of lemon grass
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 2 garlic clove, finely choppedgarlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp curry powder or green curry paste
- 1 1 red chili pepper, finely choppedred chili peppers, finely chopped
- 2 lbs 900 g boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- salt, to taste
- 1 (3 oz.) 1 (90 g) leek, choppedleeks, chopped
- ½ (2 oz.) ½ (60 g) , sliced, sliced
- 14 oz. 400 g
- 1 1 lime, the finely grated zestlimes, the finely grated zest
- ½ cup (¼ oz.) 120 ml (8 g)
- Crush the rough part of the lemongrass with the broad side of a knife or a pestle and chop it finely with a knife.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large wok or a frying pan on medium-high heat. Add the lemongrass, ginger, garlic, curry, and chili. Sauté for a couple of minutes before adding the chicken. Season with salt. Fry until golden.
- Add the leek and bell pepper and give them a good mix. Sauté for a couple of minutes. The vegetables should still be crispy.
- Add the coconut cream and let simmer for 5–10 minutes until everything is warm.
- Top with cilantro and sprinkle over the lime zest before serving.
Did you know you can store ginger in the freezer? Just wash it really well, dry it, and you can grate it still frozen with the clean skin on!