- 12⁄3 lbs 750 g green cabbage
- 51⁄3 oz. 150 g butter
- 11⁄3 lbs 600 g ground beef
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 2 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- 3 3 scallion, in slicesscallions, in slices
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped or grated
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 cup 225 ml mayonnaise
- ½ - 1 tablespoon ½ - 1 tablespoon wasabi paste
- Shred the cabbage finely using a sharp knife or a food processor.
- Fry the cabbage in 2–3 ounces (60–90 g) butter in a large frying or wok pan on medium-high heat, but don't let the cabbage turn brown. It takes a while for the cabbage to soften.
- Add spices and vinegar. Stir and fry for a couple of minutes more. Put the cabbage in a bowl.
- Melt the rest of the butter in the same frying pan. Add garlic, chili flakes and ginger and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add ground meat and brown until the meat is thoroughly cooked and most of the juices have evaporated. Lower the heat a little.
- Add scallions and cabbage to the meat. Stir until everything is hot. Add salt and pepper to taste, and top with the sesame oil before serving.
- Mix together the wasabi mayonnaise by starting with a small amount of wasabi and adding more until the flavor is just right. Serve the stir-fry warm with a dollop of wasabi mayonnaise on top.
Want variety? Replace the beef with ground chicken, pork or lamb.
Get started challenge
This recipe and the ones below are examples of the delicious meals you have on our Get started challenge. We provide a meal plan and all the knowledge and support you need to make low carb simple. It’s free and you can sign up at any time!