Keto Asian cabbage stir-fry
- 1 lb 450 g
- 2 oz. 55 g butter, divided or coconut oil
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 2 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp 1 tsp chili flakes
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp finely chopped, or grated, fresh ginger
- 1¼ lbs 550 g ground beef or ground turkey
- 3 (1½ oz.) 3 (45 g) , chopped in 1/2" (1.5 cm) slices, chopped in 1/2" (1.5 cm) slices
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Shred the cabbage finely using a sharp knife or a food processor.
- Fry the cabbage in half of the butter in a large frying or wok pan on medium-high heat. It takes a while for the cabbage to soften, but don't let it turn brown.
- Add spices and vinegar. Stir and fry for a couple of minutes more. Put the cabbage in a bowl.
- Melt the rest of the butter in the same frying pan. Add garlic, chili flakes and ginger. Sauté for a few minutes.
- Add ground meat and brown until the meat is thoroughly cooked and most of the juices have evaporated. Lower the heat a little.
- Add scallions and cabbage to the meat. Stir until everything is hot. Salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle with sesame oil before serving.
- Mix together the wasabi mayonnaise by starting with a small amount of wasabi and adding more until the flavor is just right. Serve the stir-fry warm with a dollop of wasabi mayonnaise on top.
Want variety? You can replace the beef with other kinds of protein like ground chicken, pork or lamb. If you have other sorts of cabbage like red cabbage or savoy cabbage, they will work just as fine.
If you don't like mayonnaise you can substitute that for crème fraîche, sour cream, or even cream cheese.
Storing and reheating
This dish keeps in the fridge for at least 3-4 days. You can also store it in the freezer for up to 4 months.
Thawing and reheating can make the cabbage release its liquids so the dish may be a bit more watery compared to freshly cooked. This does not affect the flavor of the dish.