Keto Asian cabbage stir-fry
- 25 oz. 750 g green cabbage
- 5 oz. 150 g butter
- 20 oz. 600 g ground beef
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 2 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- 3 3 scallion, in slicesscallions, in slices
- 1 tsp 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped or grated
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 cup 225 ml mayonnaise
- ½ - 1 tbsp ½ - 1 tbsp wasabi paste
- Shred the cabbage finely using a sharp knife or a food processor.
- Fry the cabbage in 2–3 ounces (60–90 g) butter in a large frying or wok pan on medium-high heat, but don't let the cabbage turn brown. It takes a while for the cabbage to soften.
- Add spices and vinegar. Stir and fry for a couple of minutes more. Put the cabbage in a bowl.
- Melt the rest of the butter in the same frying pan. Add garlic, chili flakes and ginger and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add ground meat and brown until the meat is thoroughly cooked and most of the juices have evaporated. Lower the heat a little.
- Add scallions and cabbage to the meat. Stir until everything is hot. Add salt and pepper to taste, and top with the sesame oil before serving.
- Mix together the wasabi mayonnaise by starting with a small amount of wasabi and adding more until the flavor is just right. Serve the stir-fry warm with a dollop of wasabi mayonnaise on top.
Get moreStart free trial
Want variety? You can replace the beef with other kinds of protein like ground chicken, pork or lamb. If you have other sorts of cabbage like red cabbage or savoy cabbage, they will work just as fine. If you don't like mayonnaise you can substitute that for crème fraîche, sour cream or even cream cheese.
Storing and reheating
This dish keeps in the fridge for at least 3-4 days. You can also store it in the freezer for up to 4 months. Thawing and reheating can make the cabbage release its liquid so the dish may be a bit more watery compared to freshly cooked. This does not affect the flavor of the dish.
Get started challenge
This recipe and the ones below are examples of the delicious meals you have on our Get started challenge. We provide a meal plan and all the knowledge and support you need to make low carb simple. It's free and you can sign up at any time!