- 7 oz. 200 g bacon
- 11⁄3 lbs 600 g ground beef
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 teaspoons 2 teaspoons chili paste
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon garlic powder or onion powder (optional)
- ½ teaspoon ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 oz. 75 g dill pickledill pickles
- 3 oz. 75 g sliced cheddar cheese
- 3 oz. 75 g lettuce
- 2 2 sliced tomatosliced tomatoes
- 1 1 sliced red onionsliced red onions
- 2⁄3 cup 150 ml mayonnaise
- Put aside a slice of bacon for each burger and dice the remaining slices.
- Mix together the ground beef, water, chili paste, chopped bacon and spices. Shape the burgers with wet hands.
- Wrap a bacon slice around each burger. Use a brush to apply olive oil to the meat and grill each side for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with cheddar cheese, pickles, lettuce, tomato, onion and a dollop of mayonnaise.
Have fun and vary the ground meat. Lamb and turkey both work well with the bacon. A mixture of ground pork and beef or even ground wild boar meat can be fabulous if you can find that in your supermarket! And feel free to add some herbs—finely chopped rosemary and oregano can really complement the flavors of the meat.
Don’t forget the condiments! Our homemade ketchup—a sugar-free and natural alternative to regular ketchup—is featured… why not give it a try today?
Get started challenge
This recipe and the ones below are examples of the delicious meals you have on our Get started challenge. We provide a meal plan and all the knowledge and support you need to make low carb simple. It’s free and you can sign up at any time!