Bacon-wrapped keto burgers
- 7 oz. 200 g bacon
- 20 oz. 600 g ground beef
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp cold water
- 2 tsp 2 tsp chili paste
- 1 tsp 1 tsp garlic powder or onion powder
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 oz. 75 g dill pickledill pickles
- 3 oz. 75 g (150 ml) sliced cheddar cheese
- 3 oz. 75 g lettuce
- 2 2 sliced tomatosliced tomatoes
- 1 1 sliced red onionsliced red onions
- 2⁄3 cup 150 ml mayonnaise
- Put aside a slice of bacon for each burger and finely chop the remaining slices.
- Mix together the ground beef, water, chili paste, chopped bacon and spices. Shape the burgers with wet hands.
- Wrap a bacon slice around each burger. Use a brush to apply olive oil to the meat and grill each side for 5-10 minutes or until cooked through. You can also use the stove and fry them in a pan on medium-high heat.
- Serve with cheddar cheese, pickles, lettuce, tomato, onion and a dollop of mayonnaise.
Have fun and vary the ground meat. Lamb and turkey both work well with the bacon. A mixture of ground pork and beef or even ground wild boar meat can be fabulous if you can find that in your supermarket! And feel free to add some herbs—finely chopped rosemary and oregano can really complement the flavors of the meat.
Don't forget the condiments! Our homemade ketchup—a sugar-free and natural alternative to regular ketchup—is featured... why not give it a try today?