Steak and veggie kebabs
- ½ cup 120 ml olive oil
- ¼ cup 60 ml
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 3 3 garlic clove, roughly choppedgarlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 lb 450 g sirloin steaksirloin steaks or chuck roast
- 1 (5 oz.) 1 (140 g)
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) red onionred onions
- 8 oz. (3¼ cups) 230 g (800 ml) mushrooms
- 4 4 skewer (metal or wooden)skewers (metal or wooden)
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 2 garlic clove, finely mincedgarlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 tsp 1 tsp
- Preheat the grill on medium heat with the lid down until the temperature reaches 350°F (180°C).
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the marinade. Mix well until evenly incorporated. Set aside a few tablespoons of the marinade in a smaller bowl.
- Cut the steak into 1-2 inch (3-5 cm) cubes. Place the cubes in the marinade and combine well. Marinate for 10 minutes.
- Chop green bell pepper into bigger pieces. Cut onion in quarters. Cut mushrooms in half. Everything should be around the same size.
- Build skewers by alternating meat, mushroom, bell pepper, and onion. Drizzle skewers generously with the already used marinade.
- Place skewers on preheated grill. Spread them out so they don’t touch. Grill for 15-20 minutes, flipping every 5 minutes. When flipping, brush with reserved marinade. Watch out for the flames!
- Combine all ingredients for the dip. Serve with kebabs and enjoy!
If you want to cook the kebabs in the oven, preheat to 400°F (200°C), or use the broiler function. Cook skewers for about 20 minutes or until the meat is cooked to your liking.
If you use wooden skewers, soak the skewers in water for about 30 minutes before using. This reduces the chance of a skewer igniting on the grill.
If you have any leftover veggies that didn’t fit on the skewers, pack them in aluminum foil and just put them on the grill until they’re tender.
Try to shift the skewers around, the ones in the middle will always be done quicker.
If you don’t have fresh ginger or garlic, you can also use ginger powder and garlic powder.