Stuffed low-carb cabbage casserole
- 1½ lbs 650 g , finely shredded
- 5 oz. 140 g butter
- 1 lb 450 g ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp Tex-Mex seasoning
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2½ cups (10 oz.) 600 ml (290 g) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 5 oz. (2½ cups) 140 g (600 ml) leafy greens or lettuce
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Fry the cabbage in a little more than half of the butter in a large frying pan or a wok over medium-high heat. Fry until soft, but don't let the cabbage turn brown. This can take a little while; roughly 10 minutes.
- Add spices and vinegar. Stir and continue to fry for a couple of minutes. Set aside on a plate.
- Melt the rest of the butter in the same pan. Sauté the ground beef and fry on medium-high heat until most of the juices have evaporated. Lower the heat to medium-low.
- Add cooked cabbage and sauté together with the beef for a minute. Remove from heat and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir ⅔ of the cheese into the cabbage mix and place in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top and bake for 15–20 minutes or until the cheese browns nicely.
- Serve with a green salad.