So yummy that it’s addicting, some fans call this dish ‘crack slaw.’ We call it easy, healthy, homestyle keto. Try it tonight!
- 1½ lbs 700 g green cabbage
- 51⁄3 oz. 150 g butter
- 1 lb 450 g ground beef
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons Tex-Mex seasoning
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2⁄3 lb 300 g shredded cheese, preferably cheddar cheese
- 51⁄3 oz. 150 g leafy greens or lettuce
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Shred the cabbage finely with a sharp knife or in a food processor.
- Fry the cabbage in a little more than half of the butter in a large frying pan or a wok over medium-high heat. Fry until soft, but don't let the cabbage turn brown. This can take a little while; roughly 10 minutes.
- Add spices and vinegar. Stir and continue to fry for a couple of minutes. Set aside on a plate.
- Melt the rest of the butter in the same pan. Sauté the ground beef and fry on medium-high heat until most of the juices have evaporated. Lower the heat to medium-low.
- Add cooked cabbage and sauté together with the beef for a minute. Remove from heat and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir ⅔ of the cheese into the cabbage mix and place in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top and bake for 15–20 minutes or until the cheese browns nicely.
- Serve with a green salad.