Keto zucchini lasagna
- 14 oz. 400 g , finely sliced
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) , finely chopped, finely chopped
- 2 2 garlic clove, finely choppedgarlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1½ lbs 650 g ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp water
- 1½ cups 350 ml
- 2 cups (8 oz.) 475 ml (230 g) shredded cheese, divided
- 1 1 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and set aside a baking dish that is about 10 x 8” (25 x 20 cm).
- Thinly slice the zucchini lengthwise with a mandolin or a vegetable peeler. Lay the zucchini slices on paper towels and lightly sprinkle them with salt. Rest for 10 minutes and then pat with paper towels. Meanwhile, prepare the meat sauce.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan, over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and sauté until soft. Add the ground meat, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Stir together and cook until lightly browned.
- Stir in the tomato paste and water until well combined. Reduce the temperature to medium-low, and simmer for 5-10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the cream, half of the shredded cheese, and the garlic to a medium-sized saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, and once bubbling, reduce the temperature to medium-low. Simmer for about 5 minutes while stirring continuously or until the sauce has thickened. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble the lasagna by spreading about 1/3 of the meat sauce on the bottom of the baking dish. Cover with some of the cheese sauce and then cover with zucchini slices on top, in a single layer. Repeat the layers and finish by sprinkling the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for about 18-20 minutes or until the cheese is golden and bubbly. Let it rest for at least 15 minutes before serving to let it set. Serve the lasagna as it is or together with a fresh salad drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
If you want to make sure that the lasagna will hold its shape when cutting it into squares it helps to let it rest for up to 30 minutes after you take it out from the oven.
This recipe is great for meal prepping and freezing.