Keto chicken casserole
- ¾ cup 180 ml
- ½ cup (4 oz.) 120 ml (120 g) cream cheese
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp green pesto
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1½ oz. 45 g butter
- 2 lbs 900 g skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 6 oz. 170 g leek, finely choppedleeks, finely chopped
- 4 oz. 110 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¾ lb 325 g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 cups (8 oz.) 475 ml (230 g) cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Mix cream and cream cheese with pesto and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the chicken, season with salt and pepper, and fry until they turn a nice golden brown.
- Place the chicken in a greased 9 x 13" (23 x 33 cm) baking dish, and pour in the cream mixture.
- Top chicken with leek, tomatoes, and cauliflower.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake in the middle of the oven for at least 30 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked. If the casserole is at risk of burning before it's done, cover it with a piece of aluminium foil, lower the heat and let cook for a little longer.
Sauce too runny? To thicken the sauce, add some extra shredded cheese. This will give the dish even more flavor and consistency.
Green it up! A rich dish like this only gets better if you serve it with a side of fresh leafy greens. Dress with a generous drizzle of olive oil, some balsamic vinegar, and a sprinkle of sea salt.
Would like some extra heat? Spice things up with some red pepper flakes!