Keto chicken casserole
- 1 cup 225 ml heavy whipping cream or sour cream
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp green pesto
- ½ ½ lemon, the juice
- 30 oz. 900 g chicken thighs
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp butter
- 1 lb 450 g cauliflower
- 1 1 leekleeks
- 4 oz. 110 g cherry tomatoes
- 7 oz. 200 g (425 ml) shredded cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Mix cream (or sour cream) with pesto and lemon juice. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper, and fry in butter until they turn a nice golden brown.
- Place the chicken in a greased 9x13 inch baking dish, and pour in the cream mixture.
- Chop the leek and cherry tomatoes. Chop the cauliflower into small florets. Top chicken with leek, tomatoes and cauliflower.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake in the middle of the oven for at least 30 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked. If the casserole is at risk of burning before it's done, cover it with a piece of aluminum foil, lower the heat and let cook for a bit longer.
Green it up! A rich dish like this only gets better served with a side of fresh leafy greens. Dress them with a generous drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt.