- 2⁄3 cup 160 ml extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup (2¾ oz.) 240 ml (80 g) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 oz. (11⁄3 cups) 55 g (300 ml) fresh basil
- 2 oz. (62⁄3 tbsp) 55 g (95 ml) pine nuts
- 1 1 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- salt and ground black pepper
- Mix all the ingredients for the pesto with a few tablespoons of the olive oil. Use a food processor or a blender.
- Add the rest of the oil and mix a bit more.
You can store the pesto in the refrigerator for at least 2 weeks. You can also freeze it.
This pesto is amazing in sauces, soups and stews. Not to mention salads and spreads... Yum!
Recommended special equipment
Blender or food processor