Keto vanilla panna cotta
- 2 tsp 2 tsp (5 g) unflavored powdered gelatin
- 2 cups 475 ml heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp pomegranate, the seedspomegranates, the seeds
- fresh mint (optional)
- Soak the gelatin (sheets) for 5-10 minutes in cold water. If you use powdered gelatin, mix it with cold water. (Typically about 1 tablespoon water per teaspoon gelatin powder, but check the instructions for your specific brand.) Set aside.
- Add cream and vanilla extract to a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and let simmer for a couple of minutes on medium-low heat until the cream begins to thicken.
- Remove the cream from the heat and add the gelatin. If you're using sheets, be sure to squeeze as much water out of them as possible before adding to the cream. Stir until the gelatin has dissolved completely.
- Pour the cream into serving glasses. Allow to cool completely before covering with plastic wrap and placing in the fridge for two to three hours or overnight.
- Take the pannacotta out of the fridge half an hour before serving. Decorate with pomegranate seeds and fresh mint.
Flavor options abound. Feel free to try saffron, liquorice powder, lemon/orange zest, cocoa, or coffee powder (diluted in some hot water). We recommend that you add some vanilla extract to the recipe even if you choose another main flavor. Vanilla enhances the natural sweetness of the cream and balances other flavors.