Low-carb banana waffles
- 1 1 ripe bananaripe bananas
- 4 4 eggeggs
- ¾ cup 175 ml (100 g) almond flour
- ¾ cup 175 ml coconut milk
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp (8 g) ground psyllium husk powder
- 1 pinch 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp (5 g) baking powder
- ½ tsp ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- coconut oil or butter, for frying
- Mix all of the ingredients together and let sit for a while.
- Make in a waffle maker or fry in a frying pan with coconut oil or butter.
- Serve with hazelnut spread or whipped coconut cream and some fresh berries, or just have them as is with melted butter. You can't go wrong!
Got extra ripe bananas? Make more waffles and freeze the leftovers for a quick and easy future morning. Wrap each pancake individually in plastic wrap for easy defrosting.
Here's how to whip coconut cream. Let a can of coconut milk sit in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours to separate the cream from the water. Open the can carefully and remove the cream part with a spoon. Place in a bowl and whisk with a hand blender for a few minutes. Save the coconut water for use in smoothies—like these!