- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Bring the water to a boil and add it, the vinegar and egg whites to the bowl, while beating with a hand mixer for about 30 seconds. Don't over mix the dough, the consistency should resemble Play-Doh.
- Moisten hands and form dough into 6 pieces of bread. You can also make hot dog or hamburger buns. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake on lower rack in oven for 50–60 minutes, depending on the size of your bread. They're done when you hear a hollow sound when tapping the bottom of the bun.
- Serve with butter and toppings of your choice. Store the bread in the fridge or freezer.
Sprinkle seeds on the bread before you pop it into the oven – poppy seeds, sesame seeds or why not some salt flakes and herbs?
If you don’t like almond flour or if you have an allergy, you can make this recipe with coconut flour instead. Substitute the amount of almond flour for a third as much of coconut flour and double the number of egg whites.
Do your breads end up with a slightly purple color? That can happen with some brands of psyllium husk. Try with another brand, like this one. For more information, check out our low-carb baking guide.