- 7 oz. 200 g mozzarella cheese
- 1 oz. 30 g cream cheese
- 1½ cups 350 ml (175 g) almond flour
- 2 tsp 2 tsp (10 g) baking powder
- 1 1 eggeggs
- 2 tsp 2 tsp (7 g) flaxseed
- 1 tsp 1 tsp (3 g) sesame seeds
- ½ tsp ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp (0.75 g) poppy seeds
- 1 1 eggeggs
- Preheat the oven to 430℉ (220℃) and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place the mozzarella and cream cheese in a medium, microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove and stir. Repeat in 30 second bursts until the cheese has melted and can be easily combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour and baking powder, until well combined. Add the egg and almond flour mix, to the melted cheese. Mix well until a smooth dough forms. Kneading it on a non-stick surface, helps with this process!
- Divide the dough into as many parts as portions in the recipe, and form into bun shapes. Place on your lined baking tray.
- Use your thumb, or the handle of a wooden spoon, to push a hole through the center of each bun and then shape it further until you have bagel shapes.
- Place the seeds and seasoning for the topping mix into a small bowl and give it a quick stir to combine.
- Crack the second egg into a bowl and beat until combined.
- Brush the top of each bagel liberally with the beaten egg and then sprinkle with your topping mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
These bagels can be served in so many delicious ways, but some of my favourite ways are:
- Smoked salmon, cream cheese and capers or dill.
- Avocado, lime juice and dukkah.
- Bacon and grilled cheese.
These bagels can be frozen and reheated.