- 7 oz. (1¾ cups) 200 g (425 ml) mozzarella cheese
- 1 oz. (2 tbsp) 28 g (30 ml) cream cheese
- 1½ cups (6 oz.) 350 ml (170 g) almond flour
- 2 tsp 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1 eggeggs
- 2 tsp 2 tsp flaxseed
- 1 tsp 1 tsp sesame seeds
- ½ tsp ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp poppy seeds
- 1 1 eggeggs
- Preheat the oven to 430°F (220°C) and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place the mozzarella and cream cheese in a medium, microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove and stir. Repeat in 30-second bursts until the cheese has melted and can be easily combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour and baking powder, until well combined. Add the egg and almond flour mix, to the melted cheese. Mix well until a smooth dough forms. Kneading it on a non-stick surface helps with this process!
- Divide the dough into as many parts as portions in the recipe, and form into bun shapes. Place on your lined baking tray.
- Use your thumb, or the handle of a wooden spoon, to push a hole through the center of each bun and then shape it further until you have bagel shapes.
- Place the seeds and seasoning for the topping mix into a small bowl and give it a quick stir to combine.
- Crack the second egg into a bowl and beat until combined.
- Brush the top of each bagel liberally with the beaten egg and then sprinkle with your topping mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
These bagels can be served in so many delicious ways, but some of my favorite ways are with smoked salmon, cream cheese and capers or dill. Or with bacon and grilled cheese.
These bagels can be frozen and reheated in the toaster or oven.