Low-carb sesame crispbread
Do you love to sink your teeth into something crunchy now and then? This low-carb crispbread is a great alternative to flaxseed versions.
- 1¼ cups 300 ml sesame seeds
- 62⁄3 tbsp 100 ml sunflower seeds
- 2 oz. 60 g shredded cheese
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp (8 g) ground psyllium husk powder
- 62⁄3 tbsp 100 ml water
- 2 2 eggeggs
- ¼ - 1 tsp ¼ - 1 tsp salt
- Mix together all ingredients (grate the cheese coarsely), and spread out on parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle sea salt on top.
- Set the oven to 350°F (175°C) for 20 minutes.
- Carefully cut the crackers into the desired form.
- Lower the heat to 280°F (140°C) and let sit for another 40 minutes.
- Remove the crispbread and make sure it's dry all all the way through. I usually let it stay in the oven with the door slightly open until the oven is cool.
The sesame crispbread may also be made without cheese and you can replace the sunflower seeds with things like pumpkin seeds.
About the Recipe
The creator is Fanny Lindkvist, who runs a popular Swedish blog and the Instagram account LessCarbs.