Low carb sesame crispbread
- 1¼ cups (61⁄3 oz.) 300 ml (180 g) sesame seeds
- ½ cup (2½ oz.) 120 ml (70 g) sunflower seeds
- ½ cup (2 oz.) 120 ml (55 g) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- ½ cup 120 ml water
- 2 2 eggeggs
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a 13"x18" (33x46 cm) baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all of the ingredients to a medium-sized bowl and stir to combine. Spread the mixture (about 1/8" thick or 3.1 mm) onto the parchment paper, sprinkle with sea salt, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the crispbread from the oven, and carefully cut into desired form.
- Lower the heat to 275°F (135°C) and return the crispbread to the oven for another 30-40 minutes, or until lightly golden in color.
- Check the crispbread to make sure it is completely dry without any moist areas. Keep it in the oven with the door slightly open, until the oven is cool.
The sesame crispbread may also be made without cheese and you can replace the sunflower seeds with seeds such as pumpkin seeds.
About the Recipe
The creator is Fanny Lindkvist, who runs a popular Swedish blog and the Instagram account LessCarbs.