Low-carb sesame crispbread
- 1¼ cups 300 ml (175 g) sesame seeds
- ½ cup 125 ml (75 g) sunflower seeds
- 2 oz. 50 g shredded cheese, like Gouda or cheddar
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp (10 g) ground psyllium husk powder
- ½ cup 125 ml water
- 2 2 eggeggs
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a 13"x18" (33x46 cm) baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all of the ingredients to a medium-sized bowl and stir to combine. Spread the mixture (about 1/8" thick or 3.1 mm) onto the parchment paper, sprinkle with sea salt, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the crispbread from the oven, and carefully cut into desired form.
- Lower the heat to 275°F (135°C) and put the crispbread back into the oven for another 30-40 minutes, or until lightly golden in color.
- Check the crispbread to make sure it is completely dry without any moist areas. Keep it in the oven with the door slightly open, until the oven is cool.
The sesame crispbread may also be made without cheese and you can replace the sunflower seeds with things like pumpkin seeds.
About the Recipe
The creator is Fanny Lindkvist, who runs a popular Swedish blog and the Instagram account LessCarbs.