Rethink this old standby without the sugar and you are in for an even tastier dressing. Still offering a kick of heat—still sporting little chunks of dill pickles. Just like mom used to make, only better!
- 1 cup 240 ml mayonnaise
- 1 cup 240 ml crème fraîche or sour cream
- 4 tablespoons 60 ml mild chili sauce
- 1 1 shallot, finely choppedshallots, finely chopped
- ½ ½ red bell pepper, finely choppedred bell peppers, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons 60 ml dill pickle, finely choppeddill pickles, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon tabasco
- salt and pepper
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly in a bowl. Let sit in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes to let the flavors develop.
- Skip (or reduce) the tabasco if you're using a hot chili sauce. You can also use sugar-free ketchup or tomato paste if you want a milder sauce.
A perfect touch to complete that Reuben sandwich on Oopsie bread!
This dressing will keep for 4–5 days in the refrigerator; make some extra for dressing your salad later in the week.