Lebanese garlic cream (toum)
- 2 2 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- 2 2 egg whiteegg whites
- 1 cup 240 ml light olive oil
- ½ tsp ½ tsp sumac (optional)
- Add crushed garlic, lemon juice, salt and egg whites to a high and narrow mixing bowl or beaker.
- Use an immersion blender to mix thoroughly until white and fluffy — it takes about 1 minute.
- Pour the oil in a thin stream while you keep mixing. The garlic cream is ready when it's thick, white and fluffy. Top with some sumac or chili powder.