Low-carb vanilla panna cotta with strawberry rhubarb sauce
- 1½ cups 350 ml heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup 125 ml unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- 2 tsp 2 tsp (5 g) grassfed unflavored powdered gelatin
- 1⁄3 cup 75 ml powdered erythritol
- ¾ tsp ¾ tsp vanilla extract
- 5 oz. 150 g rhubarb, chopped
- 1½ oz. 40 g fresh strawberries, chopped
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp powdered erythritol
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp water
- Lightly grease 4 small (4 ounce capacity) ramekins.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cream and almond milk. Sprinkle with the gelatin and let sit a few minutes to let the gelatin bloom. Set over medium heat and cook, whisking frequently, until it just comes to a simmer and the gelatin is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the sweetener and vanilla extract. Divide the mixture between the 4 ramekins and refrigerate until set, at least 3 hours.
- To unmold, sit the ramekins in a bowl of hot water for 20 to 30 seconds. Remove from the water, place a small plate over top and flip upside down. Give it a good shake and it should pop out easily. Alternatively, you can simply eat the panna cotta straight from the ramekins.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the rhubarb, strawberries, sweetener, and water. Bring to a boil and then simmer until the rhubarb and strawberries are soft enough to be mashed with a fork.
- Mash them up and let cool 20 minutes before drizzling over the panna cotta.