Green beans and avocado
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Sauté the beans for 3-4 minutes over medium-high heat until they are slightly tender and browned. Lower the heat towards the end and add the spices. Put the beans aside in a bowl.
- Peel the avocado and remove the pit. Mash coarsely with a fork.
- Add the onions and avocado to the green beans and mix.
- Top with a handful of finely chopped cilantro before serving if you choose.
This dish is great with fresh, thin green beans, but you can also use frozen. Just make sure they are properly thawed and drained, or the frying pan will cool down and they will taste boiled, not fried. You can also use yellow beans.