Green beans and avocado
Green beans + avocados = life. It's that simple—together they are all that and a bag of kale chips. A fantastic side dish to go with all of your meat and fish faves! One word: Yum!
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp olive oil
- 10 oz. 300 g fresh green beans
- ½ tsp ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 2 ripe avocadoripe avocados
- 5 5 scallionscallions
- fresh cilantro (optional)
- Trim the green beans.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan.
- Sauté the beans for 3-4 minutes over medium-high heat until they have turned a nice color. Lower the heat towards the end and add spices. Put aside in a bowl.
- Chop the onion finely. Peel the avocado and remove the pit. Mash coarsely with a fork.
- Add the onions and avocado to the green beans and mix.
- Top with a handful of finely chopped cilantro before serving.
This dish is great with fresh, thin green beans, but you can also use frozen. Just make sure they are properly thawed and drained, or the frying pan will cool down and they will taste boiled, not fried. You can also use yellow beans.