Keto cheese pie with chanterelle mushrooms
- 1 cup 225 ml (110 g) almond flour
- 4½ tbsp 4½ tbsp (40 g) sesame seeds
- 1⁄3 cup 75 ml (40 g)
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp (10 g) ground psyllium husk powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp (5 g) baking powder
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- 1 1 eggeggs
- ¼ cup 60 ml water
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp light olive oil
- 10 oz. 275 g mushrooms, chantarelles
- 2 oz. 50 g butter, for frying
- 1 tsp 1 tsp dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- 4 4 eggeggs
- 11⁄3 cups 325 ml heavy whipping cream
- 5 oz. 150 g parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 365°F (185°C).
- Mix all ingredients for the pie crust in a food processor for 1-2 minutes, until you get a firm dough. If you don’t have a food processor, just knead the ingredients together in a bowl using either a fork or your hands. Let rest in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes.
- Roll out dough, about 1/4-inch (1/2 cm) thick, between two sheets of parchment paper. You can also spread out the dough with well-oiled hands or a spatula directly in a non-stick pie pan. If you use a springform pan, place parchment paper between the ring and the bottom to make it easier to losen the baked pie.
- Clean mushrooms and fry in butter until golden. Add thyme, salt and pepper to taste. Whisk together the rest of the ingredients and pour into the pie crust.
- Add mushrooms. Save a few pretty ones for decoration / serving. Bake for 30 minutes or until the pie gets a nice golder color and the filling is set. Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
This pie can be prepared in advance and it stores well in the freezer.
Thaws best at room temperature and you can gently reheat in a microwave or in the oven on a low temperature. Protect the edges with aluminium foil so it doesn't get burnt if you reheat it in the oven.
Serve with some leafy greens on the side.