Keto cheese pie with chanterelle mushrooms
- 1 cup 225 ml (100 g) almond flour
- 1⁄3 cup 75 ml (50 g) sesame seeds
- 1⁄3 cup 75 ml (30 g)
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp (10 g) ground psyllium husk powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp (5 g) baking powder
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- 1 1 eggeggs
- ¼ cup 60 ml water
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp light olive oil
- 10 oz. 275 g mushrooms, chantarelles
- 2 oz. 50 g butter, for frying
- 1 tsp 1 tsp dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- 4 4 eggeggs
- 11⁄3 cups 325 ml
- 1 cup 225 ml (75 g) shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 365°F (185°C).
- Mix all ingredients for the pie crust in a food processor for 1-2 minutes, until you get a firm dough. If you don’t have a food processor, just knead the ingredients together in a bowl using either a fork or your hands. Let rest in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes.
- Roll out dough, about 1/4" (1/2 cm) thick, between two sheets of parchment paper. You can also spread out the dough with well-oiled hands or a spatula directly in a non-stick pie pan. If you use a springform pan, place parchment paper between the ring and the bottom to make it easier to losen the baked pie.
- Clean mushrooms and fry in butter until golden. Add thyme, salt and pepper to taste. Whisk together the rest of the ingredients and pour into the pie crust.
- Add mushrooms. Save a few pretty ones for decoration / serving. Bake for 30 minutes or until the pie gets a nice golder color and the filling is set. Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
This pie can be prepared in advance and it stores well in the freezer.
Thaws best at room temperature and you can gently reheat in a microwave or in the oven on a low temperature. Protect the edges with aluminium foil so it doesn't get burnt if you reheat it in the oven.
Serve with some leafy greens on the side.
Recommended special equipment
- Food processor