Creamy low carb Tuscan shrimp
A dreamy low carb shrimp recipe with a rich, garlicky white wine sauce, sun-dried tomatoes and spinach. After the first bite, you'll feel like you're basking in the Tuscan sun, and your family will wonder if you hired an Italian chef. It's low carb and delizioso!
- 2 2 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) yellow onion, choppedyellow onions, chopped
- 2 oz. 55 g butter
- 1½ lbs 650 g shrimp, peeled
- 1¼ cups 300 ml heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp white wine
- 1 oz. (½ cup) 28 g (120 ml) sun-dried tomatosun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- ¾ cup (2 oz.) 180 ml (60 g) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 oz. (2¾ cups) 85 g (650 ml) baby spinach
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 lb 450 g green asparagus
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- In a large frying pan, sauté garlic and onion in butter until golden and translucent.
- Add shrimp and fry for a few minutes on each side if it is raw. It should be pink and opaque. Don't over-cook, or it can become dry and rubbery.
- Remove the shrimp but leave the onion in the pan. Set the shrimp aside; it will be added back to the pan after the next step.
- Add heavy cream, white wine, finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes and spices. Bring to a simmer. Add parmesan and lower the heat. Simmer for a few more minutes for a creamy consistency.
- Add parsley, spinach and shrimp and let simmer just until everything is warm.
- Clean, trim and chop the asparagus. Boil for a few minutes in lightly salted water and serve with the shrimp.
Add a side of butter-fried mushrooms for a filling, low-carb addition to this already delicious meal!
Thank you for sharing your feedback! So glad you loved this one!
Hi, Patricia! The default number of servings is 4, but you can certainly adjust this as needed!
So glad you enjoyed it!