Creamy low-carb Tuscan shrimp
- 2 oz. 50 g butter
- 1 1 yellow onion, choppedyellow onions, chopped
- 2 2 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 1½ lbs 650 g shrimp, peeled
- 1¼ cups 300 ml heavy whipping cream
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp white wine
- 1 oz. 30 g tomatoes, sun-dried
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 2⁄3 cup 150 ml parmesan cheese, shredded
- 3 oz. 75 g baby spinach
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 lb 450 g green asparagus
- In a large frying pan, sauté garlic and onion in butter until golden and translucent.
- Add shrimp and fry for a few minutes on each side if it is raw. It should be pink and opaque. Don't over-cook, or it can become dry and rubbery.
- Remove the shrimp but leave the onion in the pan. Set the shrimp aside; it will be added back to the pan after the next step.
- Add heavy cream, white wine, finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes and spices. Bring to a simmer. Add parmesan and lower the heat. Simmer for a few more minutes for a creamy consistency.
- Add parsley, spinach and shrimp and let simmer just until everything is warm.
- Clean, trim and chop the asparagus. Boil for a few minutes in lightly salted water and serve with the shrimp.
Add a side of butter-fried mushrooms for a filling, low-carb addition to this already delicious meal!