A creamy-dreamy shrimp dish with a rich, garlicky white wine sauce—plus color from sun-dried tomatoes and spinach! After the first bite, you'll feel like you're basking in Tuscan sunshine, and your family will wonder if you hired an Italian chef. It's low carb and delizioso!
- 2 oz. 50 g butter
- 1 1 yellow onion, choppedyellow onions, chopped
- 2 2 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 1½ lbs 700 g shrimp, peeled
- 1¼ cups 300 ml heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons 3 tablespoons white wine
- 1 oz. 30 g tomatoes, sun-dried
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2⁄3 cup 150 ml parmesan cheese, shredded
- 3 oz. 75 g baby spinach
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 lb 450 g green asparagus
- In a large frying pan, sauté garlic and onion in butter until golden and translucent.
- Add shrimp and fry for a few minutes on each side if it is raw. It should be pink and opaque. Don't over-cook, or it can become dry and rubbery.
- Remove the shrimp but leave the onion in the pan. Set the shrimp aside; it will be added back to the pan after the next step.
- Add heavy cream, white wine, finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes and spices. Bring to a simmer. Add parmesan and lower the heat. Simmer for a few more minutes for a creamy consistency.
- Add parsley, spinach and shrimp and let simmer just until everything is warm.
- Clean, trim and chop the asparagus. Boil for a few minutes in lightly salted water and serve with the shrimp.
Add a side of butter-fried mushrooms for a filling, low-carb addition to this already delicious meal!