Low-carb grilled shrimp with chimichurri zoodles
What a makeover! Garden staple, zucchini, gets transformed into ribbons of waves and curls, dressed with oil, and spiced just right. A perfect nest for grilled shrimp!
- 1 1 lemon, both the zest and the juice
- 1 1 red chili pepperred chili peppers
- ½ ½ yellow bell pepperyellow bell peppers
- ¼ cup 60 ml finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 2 pressed garlic clovepressed garlic cloves
- 2⁄3 cup 150 ml olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 lbs 900 g zucchini
- 2 lbs 900 g peeled raw shrimp
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 2 lime for servinglimes for serving (optional)
- Start by making the chimichurri. Rinse the lemon and remove the peel with a fine grater. Juice lemon and add both the zest and the juice to a blender or food processor.
- Slice the chili in half and remove the seeds. Chop finely and add to blender. Add the bell pepper, parsley, garlic, and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Blend until the sauce has a coarse but uniform appearance.
- Next, prepare the zoodles by slicing or spiraling the zucchini.
- Zoodles can be served raw or quickly sautéed in olive oil. (Alternatively, you can salt and cook them in the microwave for a minute.)
- Put the shrimp on a skewer and brush them with olive oil. Grill or pan-fry the shrimp for a couple of minutes on each side. They are done when they turn a nice pink color. Grill or fry the lime halves alongside the shrimp.
- Toss the zoodles with most of the chimichurri. Serve the skewered shrimp on a bed of zoodles; top the shrimp with the remaining chimichurri.
Love cumin or paprika? Then go ahead and add some and customize the chimichurri to suit your tastebuds.
A mix of vibrant green and yellow zucchini can make your zoodles more colorful!