- 1½ lbs 700 g salmon, in pieces
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon tandoori seasoning
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1¼ cups 300 ml mayonnaise or sour cream
- ½ ½ cucumber, shredded
- 2 2 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- ½ ½ lime, the juicelimes, the juice
- ½ teaspoon ½ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3½ oz. 100 g arugula lettuce
- 1 1 yellow bell pepperyellow bell peppers
- 3 3 scallionscallions
- 2 2 avocadoavocados
- 1 1 lime, the juicelimes, the juice
- Heat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Mix tandoori seasoning with 2 tablespoons of oil and cover the salmon.
- Place in the oven for 15–20 minutes, or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork.
- Mix crushed garlic, lime juice, shredded cucumber (squeeze out the water first) and mayonnaise and/or sour cream in a bowl.
- Chop bell peppers, scallions, and avocados. Combine with the arugula on a platter. Drizzle with lime juice.
- Serve salmon on the salad, and top with cucumber sauce.
Have fun and try some DIY! You can make your own tandoori seasoning with spices you already have on hand! Start with equal parts ground ginger, ground coriander, cumin, turmeric, paprika, salt, and cayenne. Adjust the flavors to your liking. Want even more earthy warmth in your spice blend? Try a little nutmeg, cloves, or cinnamon.