Keto salad Niçoise
Bye, bye, potatoes, and hello peppery turnips! This salad has been updated from the original version from the French Riviera, and given a kiss of salty dressing. You’re going to adore this ketotastic salad!
- 2 2 eggeggs
- 3 oz. 75 g turnip or celery root
- 7 oz. 200 g fresh green beans
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 - 2 1 - 2 finely chopped garlic clovefinely chopped garlic cloves (optional)
- 7 oz. 200 g baby gem lettuce or Romaine lettuce
- 2 oz. 50 g cherry tomatoes
- ½ ½ red onionred onions
- 1 can 1 can tuna in olive oil
- 2 oz. 50 g olives
- salt and pepper
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp small capers
- 1 oz. 30 g anchovies
- ½ cup 125 ml olive oil
- ¼ cup 60 ml mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- ½ ½ lemon, the juice
- 1 1 minced garlic cloveminced garlic cloves (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing using a mixer or an immersion blender until fully combined and creamy. Set aside.
- Boil the eggs the way you like them, soft or hard boiled. Place them immediately in ice-cold water when they are done to make them easier to peel. Cut them into wedges.
- Wash and peel the turnips. Cut them in half-inch pieces. Wash and trim the green beans and parboil both for 5 minutes in lightly salted water. Use separate pans. Rinse in cold water when done.
- Place a skillet on medium high heat and fry the green beans in butter or olive oil. Add finely chopped garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place lettuce on a serving plate or on individual plates. Add tomatoes, onion, drained tuna, eggs, beans, olives and turnip. Serve with dressing on the side.