Keto chicken Cordon Bleu
- 4 4 chicken breast (without skin)chicken breasts (without skin)
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp ½ tsp dried thyme
- 4 oz. 110 g smoked deli ham
- 4 oz. 110 g gruyère cheese
- 2 oz. 50 g butter
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 7 oz. 200 g lettuce
- 1 1 carrotcarrots
- ½ ½
- ½ ½ lemon in pieceslemons in pieces
- ½ cup 125 ml olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Place the chicken breast on a cutting board with a sheet of parchment paper (or plastic wrap) on top of the board.
- Cut the chicken breast through the middle, almost in half, but not all the way through. The breast should look like an open book. Put a piece of parchment paper (or plastic wrap) on top of the opened chicken pieces. Pound chicken with a rolling pin or a mallet until it becomes thin, like a cutlet. Remove the parchment paper.
- Spread mustard on top and sprinkle with thyme. Divide the sliced ham and cheese evenly among the breasts, and layer the slices on one side of each breast. Fold breast back together. Add a wooden toothpick or tie with cooking twine to keep the breast together. You can prepare up to this point beforehand, wrap with plastic wrap, and store breasts in the fridge until you are ready to cook them.
- Remove the plastic wrap and brown the filets in butter and olive oil in a frying pan until they are golden all around and cooked all the way through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put the breasts in a roasting pan along with the juices from frying pan and place in the oven. Bake for about 20 minutes. Let the breasts rest for about five minutes. Serve with the pan juices, salad, sliced carrots, ribbons of zucchini, olive oil and lemon wedges.
Make extra! Chicken Cordon Bleu is delicious cold (or room temperature). Try it for lunch, sliced on a salad, or wrapped up in lettuce and eaten like a sandwich.