Keto chicken fajita bowl
- 10 oz. 275 g Romaine lettuce
- 5 oz. 150 g cherry tomatoes
- 2 2 avocadoavocados
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1 1 yellow onionyellow onions
- 1 1 green bell peppergreen bell peppers
- 1½ lbs 650 g boneless chicken thighs
- 3 oz. 75 g butter
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp Tex-Mex seasoning
- 5 oz. 150 g Mexican cheese or cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup 225 ml sour cream (optional)
- Prepare the toppings. Tear the lettuce, chop tomatoes, dice avocados, and clean and chop the cilantro. Set aside.
- Slice onion and pepper fairly thin.
- On a separate cutting board, cut the chicken into thin strips.
- Fry the chicken in butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Salt and pepper to taste. When the chicken is almost cooked through, add onion, pepper and Tex-Mex seasoning.
- Lower the heat and continue to fry while stirring for a couple of minutes until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and the vegetables have softened just a bit.
- Place lettuce in a bowl and add the chicken mixture. Add shredded cheese, diced avocado, chopped tomatoes, fresh cilantro and perhaps a dollop of sour cream.
A spoonful of your favorite salsa can be a nice addition. Also, feel free to substitute guacamole for the avocado in this fajita bowl.