- 1 1 yellow onionyellow onions
- 1 1 green bell peppergreen bell peppers
- 3 oz. 75 g butter
- 1½ lbs 700 g boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons Tex-Mex seasoning
- 10 oz. 275 g Romaine lettuce
- 5 oz. 150 g Mexican cheese
- 2 2 avocadoavocados
- 5 oz. 150 g cherry tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup 225 ml sour cream (optional)
- Prepare the toppings: Tear the lettuce, chop tomatoes, dice avocados, and clean and chop the cilantro. Grate the cheese if not pre-shredded. Set aside.
- Slice onion and pepper fairly thin.
- On a separate cutting board with a clean knife, cut the chicken into thin strips.
- Fry the chicken in butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. When the chicken is almost cooked through, add onion, pepper and Tex-Mex seasoning.
- Lower the heat and continue to fry while stirring for a couple of minutes until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and the vegetables have softened just a bit.
- Place lettuce in a bowl and add the chicken mixture. Add shredded cheese, diced avocado, chopped tomatoes, fresh cilantro and perhaps a dollop of sour cream.
A spoonful of your favorite salsa can be a nice addition. Also, feel free to substitute guacamole for the avocado in this fajita bowl.
Get started challenge
This recipe and the ones below are examples of the delicious meals you have on our Get started challenge. We provide a meal plan and all the knowledge and support you need to make low carb simple. It’s free and you can sign up at any time!