Keto chicken fajita bowl
- 8 oz. (5 cups) 230 g (1.2 liters)
- 5 oz. 140 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 (7 oz.) 1 (200 g) avocadoavocados
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g)
- 1 (5 oz.) 1 (140 g)
- 2 lbs 900 g boneless chicken thighs
- 2 oz. 55 g butter
- salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp Tex-Mex seasoning
- ¾ cup (3 oz.) 180 ml (85 g) Mexican cheese or cheddar cheese, shredded
- Prepare the toppings. Tear the lettuce, chop tomatoes, dice avocados, and clean and chop the cilantro. Set aside.
- Slice onion and pepper fairly thin.
- On a separate cutting board, cut the chicken into thin strips.
- Fry the chicken in butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Salt and pepper to taste. When the chicken is almost cooked through, add onion, pepper, and Tex-Mex seasoning.
- Lower the heat and continue to fry while stirring for a couple of minutes until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and the vegetables have softened just a bit.
- Place lettuce in a bowl and add the chicken mixture. Add shredded cheese, diced avocado, chopped tomatoes, and fresh cilantro.
A spoonful of your favorite salsa can be a nice addition. Also, feel free to substitute guacamole for the avocado in this fajita bowl.