Keto fried chicken with broccoli and butter
- 5 oz. 140 g butter, divided
- 1½ lbs 650 g boneless chicken thighs
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb 450 g broccoli
- ½ (1½ oz.) ½ (45 g) leekleeks
- 1 tsp 1 tsp garlic powder
- Melt half of the butter in a large frying pan, over medium high heat.
- Generously season the chicken with salt and pepper and then add it to the pan, flipping the chicken until browned on both sides, for approximately 20-25 minutes (depending upon the size of the chicken thighs.) Remove from pan, and keep warm under aluminum foil or on low heat in the oven.
- While the chicken is cooking, rinse and trim the broccoli, including the stem. Chop into bite-sized pieces. Rinse the leek, being careful to remove sandy deposits between layers. Coarsely chop the leek.
- In a separate skillet, melt the remaining butter over medium heat, mixing in the garlic powder, salt and pepper. Add the leek to the pan, stirring until it starts to soften, and then add the broccoli. Cook for a few minutes, until the broccoli becomes slightly tender.
- Serve the chicken and vegetables with an extra dollop of butter melting on top.
Switch up the flavors of this workhorse dish with different seasonings (like curry, paprika, or dried herbs) for the chicken. Or try one of our compound butters on top. Alternatively, you can mix things up by switching to a dip; mayo with a dash of Sriracha sauce tastes great and gives the dish a real kick!