- 1½ lbs 700 g boneless chicken thighs
- 5 oz. 150 g butter
- 1 lb 450 g broccoli
- ½ ½ leekleeks
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Fry the chicken in butter, over medium-high heat for approximately 3-4 minutes on each side, depending on how thick the pieces are. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Make sure the chicken is thoroughly cooked through. Lower the heat and let cook for another minute if you are unsure.
- Remove from pan and keep warm under aluminum foil or on low heat in the oven.
- Rinse and trim the broccoli, including the stem. Chop into bite-sized pieces. Rinse the leek, being careful to remove sandy deposits between layers. Coarsely chop the leek.
- Fry the vegetables over medium heat in the same skillet as the chicken. Add more butter and garlic powder and stir. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the chicken and vegetables with an extra dollop of butter melting on top.
Switch up the flavors of this workhorse dish with different seasonings (like curry, paprika, or dried herbs) for the chicken. Or try one of our compound butters on top. Alternatively, you can mix things up by switching to a dip; mayo with a dash of Sriracha sauce tastes great and gives the dish a real kick!
Get started challenge
This recipe and the ones below are examples of the delicious meals you have on our Get started challenge. We provide a meal plan and all the knowledge and support you need to make low carb simple. It’s free and you can sign up at any time!