Keto fried chicken with broccoli and butter
- 5 oz. 140 g butter, divided
- 2 lbs 900 g boneless chicken thighs
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb 450 g broccoli, chopped into bite-sized pieces (including stem)
- ½ (1½ oz.) ½ (45 g) leekleeks
- 1 tsp 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- ¼ ¼ ground black pepper
- Melt half of the butter in a large frying pan, over medium-high heat.
- Generously season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Place in the pan, and fry for approximately 20 - 25 minutes, flipping the chicken until browned on both sides. Remove from pan, and keep warm under aluminum foil, or in the oven under low heat. While the chicken cooks, prepare the leek.
- Remove the root, and the dark green section of the leek with a sharp knife, and discard. Cut the remaining, light green portion in half, lengthwise. Slice into thin, crescent-shaped pieces, and then place into a bowl of water, tossing to release any sandy deposits. Strain, and set leek aside.
- In the large frying pan, over medium heat, melt the remaining butter. Stir in the garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Add the leek, stirring occasionally, until it begins to soften. Stir in the broccoli, and cook for a few minutes until it becomes crisp-tender.
- Serve the chicken and vegetables with an extra dollop of butter on top.
Switch up the flavors of this workhorse dish with different seasonings (like curry, paprika, or dried herbs) for the chicken. Or try one of our compound butters on top. Alternatively, you can mix things up by switching to a dip; mayo with a dash of Sriracha sauce tastes great and gives the dish a real kick!