Keto garlic mushroom chicken thighs
- 2 oz. 55 g butter
- 3 3 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- ½ lb (3¼ cups) 220 g (750 ml) mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1½ lbs 650 g boneless chicken thighs
- 1 tsp 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp ½ tsp dried rosemary
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1¼ cups 300 ml heavy whipping cream or crème fraîche
- 2 oz. 55 g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 5 oz. (2½ cups) 140 g (600 ml) leafy greens
- Heat butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic and fry until golden. Add mushrooms and fry until soft. Salt and pepper to taste. Remove the mushrooms from the pan and set aside.
- Combine the spices and pat the chicken thighs with the mixture. Fry in olive oil in the same pan for 6-7 minutes on each side. It might take longer time, depending on the size of the thighs. The inner temperature should be 160°F (72°C). Remove the chicken from the pan and keep warm.
- Add cream and parmesan in the same frying pan. Bring to a boil over high heat, then lower the temperature to medium high. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring continuously, until the sauce thickens. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the mushrooms, and then the chicken thighs back into the frying pan to warm. Serve with leafy greens, or a side dish of your choice.
In this recipe we used boneless, skinless chicken thigh fillets, which are slightly fattier and tastier than chicken breast. You can of course also use bone-in thighs with or without skin, chicken breast, turkey, pork fillet or pork chops. Adjust the cooking time accordingly. If using chicken thighs with skin, fry until skin is crispy and inside cooked.
Yes. The cream may "break" or separate a little when reheating but it won't affect the taste.
You can either add them back into the sauce with the chicken, or spoon them on top of the plated dish.
The number in the colored circle is the amount of net carbs in the recipe. To see the amount of protein and fat, click the Nutrition+ tab under the list of ingredients.
Hope this helps!
After reading the ingredients it is obvious why.
Never would I use boneless thighs.
If you don't like mushrooms, you could simply omit them, which would also lower the carb count. Win win!
So glad you enjoyed it!
This made me smile as I do the same thing to hide mushrooms from myself :)
Great! So glad that you love it!
All of our nutrition information is listed per serving.
Thanks Miss Jax
Great! We certainly hope you will consider becoming a member!
Yes, 6 grams of net carbs for one serving, 24 grams of net carbs for 4 servings.
Before I added the mushrooms and Chicken at the end I added some round green beans in the creamy saucer a few minutes .
What a meal!
Sounds great! So glad you enjoyed it!