Roasted chicken legs and cherry tomatoes with garlic butter
The satisfying rich meat of crispy chicken legs combines with the intensified, sweet flavors of roasted cherry tomatoes. Paired with steamed broccoli and garlic butter, this moderate low carb meal has just 10 grams of net carbs but will satisfy your hunger for hours.
- 1¼ lbs 550 g chicken legchicken legs
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- salt and ground black pepper
- 20 oz. (6¼ cups) 550 g (1.4 liters) broccoli
- 20 oz. 550 g cherry tomatoes
- 4 oz. 110 g butter
- 2 2 garlic clove, pressedgarlic cloves, pressed
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
- Toss chicken legs with olive oil and seasoning.
- Put the chicken legs, skin side up, in a baking dish together with the tomatoes. Bake 40-45 minutes or until juices run clear and chicken reaches 165 °F (74 °C).
- While the chicken is in the oven, cut the broccoli into florets and slice the stem (or use frozen). Boil in lightly salted water for 5 minutes in a saucepan. Drain the water and put on the lid to keep warm.
- Mix all the ingredients to the garlic butter in a bowl. Set aside.
- Serve the chicken with the broccoli, tomatoes and garlic butter.
The dark meat of a chicken leg has more fat and is more satiating than the white meat of chicken breast. Feel free to eat the crispy, delicious chicken skin, too.
Allow the butter to soften by taking it out of the refrigerator to come to room temperature before mixing in the other ingredients. You may also choose to whip it with a whisk or handheld mixer for an even creamier texture.