Lemon baked chicken thighs with cauliflower mash
- 3 lbs 1.5 kg chicken thighs , 2 per serving, bone in and skin on
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 2 tsp 2 tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2 2 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 lb 450 g cauliflower
- 3 oz. 75 g grated parmesan cheese
- 8 tbsp 8 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- ½ ½ lemon, juice and zestlemons, juice and zest
- olive oil (optional)
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a mixing bowl or large ziplock bag. Add the chicken thighs and toss to fully coat.
- Cover or seal, and place in the fridge for at least 3 hours, turning every now and then if possible.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F/200°C. Line one large, or two regular baking trays with parchment paper.
- Remove the chicken thighs from the marinade, and place them skin-side up, on the tray(s).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until internal temperature is 165°F/74°C, and the skin is golden brown. Let rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets.
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil, over high heat. Add the cauliflower and boil for a couple of minutes – just enough so the florets are tender but retain a somewhat firm texture. Strain the cauliflower in a colander, and discard the water.
- Add the cauliflower to a food processor, along with the remaining ingredients and pulse until a smooth and creamy consistency is reached. You can also use an immersion blender.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Add more olive oil or butter if you wish.
This dish is perfect to prepare in the morning, marinade all day and then bake at night.
For extra lemon flavour, add slices of lemon to the baking tray to roast.