Crispy chicken thighs with lemon butter caper sauce
- 2 lbs 900 g chicken thighs (bone-in with skin)
- 2 tsp 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp capers
- 1 1 lemon, sliced into wheelslemons, sliced into wheels
- 2 oz. 50 g leafy greens
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Season the chicken thighs on both sides with salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
- Heat the olive oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken to the skillet, skin side down. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes until the skin is nice and crispy.
- Flip the chicken thighs over to the other side and transfer the skillet to the oven. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Transfer the skillet back to the stovetop. Remove the chicken from the pan, set aside, and cover to keep warm.
- To the same skillet, over medium high heat, add the butter, lemon juice, lemon slices and capers. Stir until sauce thickens, scraping up any bits stuck to the bottom of the pan with a spatula.
- Plate the chicken and pour the sauce over top. Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired and serve with leafy greens.
This is a great recipe for weekly meal prep as it requires minimal ingredients and reheats very well.