Crispy keto chicken thighs with lemon butter caper sauce
This quick and easy keto chicken thigh recipe has all the delicious flavors of a traditional chicken piccata, but instead of dredging thinly pounded chicken breasts in flour and sautéing them, we used chicken thighs and made them with a perfectly crispy skin.
- 2 lbs 900 g chicken thighs (bone-in with skin)
- 2 tsp 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ oz. 45 g butter
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp capers
- 1 1 lemon, sliced into wheelslemons, sliced into wheels
- 2 oz. (1 cup) 55 g (230 ml) leafy greens
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Season the chicken thighs on both sides with salt, pepper, garlic powder and Italian seasoning.
- Heat the olive oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken to the skillet, skin side down. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes until the skin is nice and crispy.
- Flip the chicken thighs over to the other side and transfer the skillet to the oven. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Transfer the skillet back to the stovetop. Remove the chicken from the pan, set aside, and cover to keep warm.
- To the same skillet, over medium high heat, add the butter, lemon juice, lemon slices and capers. Stir until sauce thickens, scraping up any bits stuck to the bottom of the pan with a spatula.
- Plate the chicken and pour the sauce over top. Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired and serve with leafy greens.
This is a great recipe for weekly meal prep as it requires minimal ingredients and reheats very well.
Thank you for your feedback, I will pass it on to the recipe team. In the meantime, here is the direct link to our Italian seasoning recipe.
Thanks for sharing your feedback! I haven't tried this one yet and you make it sound very tempting!