- 1 lb 450 g
- ¼ cup 60 ml olive oil
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) , chopped, chopped
- 2 2 garlic clove, choppedgarlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp paprika powder
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1¼ lbs 550 g ground chicken, or any other ground meat
- ½ cup 120 ml
- ½ cup 120 ml
- 3 oz. (6 tbsp) 85 g (90 ml) cream cheese
- 1 1 garlic clove, pressedgarlic cloves, pressed
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups (8 oz.) 475 ml (230 g) shredded gouda cheese, divided
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground nutmeg (optional)
- 3 oz. (1½ cups) 85 g (350 ml) leafy greens (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Cut the eggplant into small dices, around half an inch (1x1 cm), no need to peel it. In a large frying pan, fry eggplant in olive oil on medium heat. Salt and pepper.
- Add onion, garlic and spices. Fry for a few minutes until the onion and eggplant start to soften and get some color.
- Add ground meat and fry until cooked through. Stir in tomato sauce and simmer for a few minutes.
- In a saucepan, mix the ingredients for the cheese sauce - save half of the cheese for the top! Let simmer for a few minutes until it thickens. Add ground nutmeg if you're using any, and stir well.
- Transfer the meat into a large baking dish or several small ones. Pour the sauce on top and top with the remaining cheese.
- Place in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the cheese gets a nice golden color. Serve with leafy greens.