Keto chicken pesto zoodle salad
- 1 lb 450 g chicken breastchicken breasts
- 8 oz. 225 g sugar-free green pesto
- 5 oz. 150 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 oz. 110 g feta cheese, crumbled or cubed
- 14 oz. 400 g zucchini, 2 medium-sized or zucchini noodles
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp olive oil
- Place the chicken breasts in a medium pot and add cold water until the chicken is just covered.
- Bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove the chicken from the water and shred it using two forks. Set aside.
- Spiralize the zucchini and place the zoodles in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the pesto over the zoodles, and toss with tongs to completely coat the zoodles.
- Add shredded chicken breast, tomatoes and feta to the zoodles and gently toss with tongs until evenly combined. Drizzle with olive oil.
Make a big batch because this dish tastes even better served the next day! The noodles are softer and the chicken is more moist.
Can I cook the zoodles if I don't want to serve them raw?
If you don't want the zoodles raw, you can quickly sautéed them in olive oil. Alternatively, salt and cook them in the microwave or boiling water for a minute.