Keto chicken pesto zoodle salad
- 11⁄3 lbs 600 g boneless chicken thighs
- 1⁄3 cup 75 ml (75 g) sugar-free green pesto
- 5 oz. 150 g (250 ml) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 oz. 110 g feta cheese, crumbled or cubed
- 12 oz. 350 g or
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp olive oil
- Place the chicken thighs in a medium pot and add cold water until the chicken is just covered.
- Bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove the chicken from the water and shred it using two forks. Set aside.
- Spiralize the zucchini and place the zoodles in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the pesto over the zoodles, and toss with tongs to completely coat the zoodles.
- Add shredded chicken breast, tomatoes, and feta to the zoodles and gently toss with tongs until evenly combined. Drizzle with olive oil.
Make a big batch because this dish tastes even better served the next day! The noodles are softer and the chicken is more moist.
Recommended special equipment
Can I cook the zoodles if I don't want to serve them raw?
If you don't want the zoodles raw, you can quickly sauté them in olive oil. Alternatively, salt and cook them in the microwave or boiling water for a minute.