Quick green curry chicken with peanuts
This is a quick and easy low carb Thai-inspired dish, perfect for any weeknight. Coconut milk, curry, and peanut butter give this sauce a rich, smooth flavor. All topped with chopped peanuts for a satisfying crunch to finish.
- 8 oz. (1½ cups) 230 g (350 ml) yellow onion, cut into thin wedgesyellow onions, cut into thin wedges
- 10 oz. (3 cups) 280 g (750 ml) fresh broccoli
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 lb 450 g cooked chicken breast, slicedcooked chicken breasts, sliced
- 14 oz. 400 g unsweetened coconut milk
- 1½ tbsp 1½ tbsp green curry paste
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp unsweetened peanut butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1½ oz. 45 g salted peanuts finely chopped, for topping
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Peel the lower part of the broccoli stem with a potato peeler or a small sharp knife. Cut the remaining broccoli into thin rods lengthwise, so that the florets and the stem are still joined together.
- Heat the oil in a wok or a sauté pan, over high heat. Fry the broccoli and onion for a few minutes, stirring frequently, until crisp-tender.
- Add the chicken breast, coconut milk, curry paste, and peanut butter to the wok. Stir together, and let it simmer for a few minutes to enhance the flavors. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Just before serving, sprinkle each dish with chopped peanuts! Enjoy.
Thank you, love your site.
Use the print icon right above your comment, next to the Facebook and Pinterest icons. That way, all you get is the picture and the recipe.
Yes, the ingredient list specifies cooked chicken.
Good reminder to always check labels and ingredients! Thanks!
So glad you enjoyed it! And it's good that you caught that added sugar so you can avoid next time!