Italian chicken meatballs with cream sauce and broccoli
- 11⁄3 lbs 600 g ground chicken
- 1 1 eggeggs
- ¾ cup (2 oz.) 180 ml (60 g) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp dried basil
- ¼ cup (1 oz.) 60 ml (28 g) sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp olive oil or butter
- 2 oz. 55 g butter for serving
- 1¼ cups 300 ml
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
- 1 lb 450 g broccoli
- 2 oz. 55 g butter, for serving
- Mix together all the ingredients for the chicken meatballs and make 10-12 big balls (per pound or 450 g) with the help of a pair of spoons. Ground chicken is softer and looser than ground beef, so it is harder to make perfect balls. Just do your best; they will become more uniform when you fry them.
- Heat up some olive oil or butter in a big nonstick frying pan and add the raw meatballs. There should be a little space between the balls. Brown over medium heat, turning the balls often until they are browned on all sides. It takes about 15 minutes.
- Add cream and tomato paste. Boil and let it simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add fresh basil right before you serve.
- Boil the broccoli in lightly salted water for a few minutes. Serve it up with a small dollop of butter next to the chicken meatballs and cream sauce.
Go ahead and experiment with other flavors in your meatballs like diced olives, onions, or cheese.