Keto blue cheese chicken with walnut salad
- 1 1 leekleeks
- 1½ lbs 650 g boneless chicken thighs
- 2 oz. 50 g butter
- 5 oz. 150 g blue cheese, preferably gorgonzola
- 1¼ cups 300 ml or
- ¼ cup 60 ml white wine
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ lb 225 g leafy greens
- 3 oz. 75 g cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 oz. 30 g walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Shred the leek and fry in butter until soft. Distribute in a baking dish.
- Salt and pepper the chicken and fry in butter until golden. Add on top of the leeks in the same baking dish.
- In a saucepan, combine sour cream and wine. Bring to a boil and let simmer for a few minutes over medium heat until the sauce thickens slightly. Grate or crumble the cheese and stir into the sauce. Let it melt while stirring continuously. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the chicken is done. An inserted meat thermometer should read 161°F (72°C).
- Serve with mixed salad and tomato wedges. Top with walnuts and drizzle with olive oil.