Keto blue cheese chicken with walnut salad
Blue cheese, chicken and walnuts unite for a highly satisfying and filling weeknight keto dish. This delicate meal can be prepared and ready on the table in 40 minutes.
Blue cheese chicken
- 9 oz. 260 g leek, finely choppedleeks, finely chopped
- 1½ lbs 650 g boneless chicken thighs
- 2 oz. 55 g butter, for frying
- 5 oz. 140 g blue cheese, preferably gorgonzola
- 1¼ cups 300 ml sour cream or crème fraîche
- ¼ cup 60 ml white wine
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 oz. (3 cups) 170 g (700 ml) leafy greens
- ½ cup 120 ml cherry tomatoes, in wedges
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 oz. (41⁄3 tbsp) 28 g (65 ml) walnuts
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large frying pan, melt half of the butter and fry the leek for 5 minutes or until soft. Distribute in a baking dish.
- In the same pan, fry the chicken in the rest of the butter for 10–12 minutes until golden. Season with salt and pepper. Add the chicken on top of the leeks in the same baking dish.
- In a saucepan, combine sour cream and wine. Bring to a boil and let simmer for a few minutes over medium heat until the sauce thickens slightly. Grate or crumble the cheese and stir into the sauce. Let it melt while stirring continuously. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the chicken is done. An inserted meat thermometer should read 161°F (72°C).
- Serve with mixed salad and tomatoes. Top with walnuts and drizzle with olive oil.
Wonderful! I am so glad you enjoyed this one!
You could try chicken broth in place of the wine.
Thank you for sharing this substitution possibility!
Thanks for your feedback! Glad to hear you enjoyed it and will try it again!