Butter-baked fish with Brussels sprouts and mushrooms
- 1 lb 450 g Brussels sprouts, halved
- 7 oz. 200 g mushrooms, halved or quartered
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp small capers
- ½ tsp ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter, for frying
- 1½ lbs 650 g cod, boneless filletcod, boneless fillets
- salt and pepper
- Mix all herb butter ingredients (room temperature is best) in a bowl with a fork or a hand mixer. Reserve.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place the Brussels sprouts in a baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until softened.
- Fry the mushrooms in butter with thyme. When softened, add capers and sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until warmed through. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the baking dish with the Brussels sprouts from the oven and spoon the mushroom/caper mixture on top.
- Season the cod pieces with salt and pepper, and place on top of the vegetables. Add generous amounts of pink herb butter to the fish. Bake for 20 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
Mix it up! Cod is great, but other white fish works well too. Haddock, flounder, halibut, tilapia, and catfish are just a few to try.