- 1½ lbs 700 g white fish, we used cod.
- 1 lb 450 g Brussels sprouts
- 7 oz. 200 g mushrooms
- 2 – 3 tablespoons 2 – 3 tablespoons small capers
- ½ teaspoon ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 oz. 30 g butter, for frying
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 lb 150 g butter, at room temperature
- ½ ½ garlic clovegarlic cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon rose pepper, coarsley ground
- 2 oz. 60 g grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon ½ teaspoon lime juice or white wine vinegar
Nutrition65% Fat27% Protein6% Carbs
- The butter should ideally be at room temperature to make it simple to make the herb butter, so consider taking the butter out of the fridge 30-60 minutes before starting.
- Start by making the pink herb butter. Mix all ingredients with a fork or a handmixer, set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Split the Brussels sprouts in half and place in a baking dish. Pour over olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Split the mushrooms in two or four, depending on size and fry in butter with thyme for a few minutes. Add capers and fry for a couple of more minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the baking dish with the Brussels sprouts and add the fried mushrooms on top.
- Salt and pepper the cod pieces and place on top of the vegetables. Add generous amounts of pink herb butter to the fish. Place in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the fish is ready – probe with a fork or knife.
You can use any flavored butter you like in this recipe, here’s a couple of other suggestions:
Get started challenge
This recipe and the ones below are examples of the delicious meals you have on our Get started challenge. We provide a meal plan and all the knowledge and support you need to make low carb simple. It’s free and you can sign up at any time!