Butter-baked fish with Brussels sprouts and mushrooms
Don’t let salmon steal all the glory! In this dish, we gave cod a little attention, and it responded by creating a fantabulous meal. Combined with pink herb butter? It’s a feast for the eyes and a revelation for the taste buds.
- 25 oz. 700 g white fish, we used cod.
- 15 oz. 450 g Brussels sprouts
- 7 oz. 200 g mushrooms
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp small capers
- ½ tsp ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1⁄6 oz. 30 g butter, for frying
- salt and pepper
- Mix all herb butter ingredients (room temperature is best) in a bowl with a fork or a hand mixer. Reserve.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Slice the Brussels sprouts in half and place in a baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until softened.
- Halve or quarter the mushrooms depending on their size, and fry in butter with thyme. When mushrooms are softened, add capers and sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until warmed through. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the baking dish with the Brussels sprouts from the oven and spoon the mushroom/caper mixture on top.
- Season the cod pieces with salt and pepper, and place on top of the vegetables. Add generous amounts of pink herb butter to the fish. Bake for 20 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
Mix it up! Cod is great, but other white fish work well too. Haddock, flounder, halibut, tilapia, and catfish are just a few to try. Still want more variety? Flavored butters are extremely versatile, so use your own favorite recipe.