Keto pork chops with blue cheese sauce
- 5 oz. 140 g blue cheese
- ¾ cup 180 ml heavy whipping cream
- 4 (21⁄3 lbs) 4 (1.1 kg) pork choppork chops
- salt and pepper
- 7 oz. 200 g fresh green beans
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter, for frying
- Start by crumbling the cheese into a small pot over medium heat. Adjust heat as necessary to let it melt gently. Be careful not to let it burn. When the cheese has melted, add the cream and increase the heat a little. Let simmer for a few minutes.
- Season the chops with salt and pepper. Fry in a skillet on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes before flipping. Cook until internal temperature is 145°-160°F (63°-71°C). Set aside and cover with foil for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the pan juices into the cheese sauce. Stir and, if needed, heat it up again. As blue cheese is often fairly salty, taste the sauce before adding any additional salt.
- Trim and rinse the green beans. Fry them in butter for a few minutes on medium heat. Season with salt and pepper.
Mix things up a little bit! Any kind of meat, either bone-in or boneless, is delicious with this incredibly versatile meal. Try filet or chops. Try beef, pork or lamb. Even humble poultry like chicken or turkey gets kicked up a notch with this sauce. Just remember how much flavor the skin or fat of these meats brings to a dish—so definitely leave them on if you can!
Thank you for the easy, healthy and delicious meals.
Feta or other high fat cheese like goat cheese will work well. Parmesan doesn't have the same soft texture that the others do.
This recipe already has 4g net carbs. If you add cauliflower, just be careful with the amount as it will add more carbs.
I put cheddar, a bit or parmegiano/parmesan and a teeny bit of mustard.
It was delicious!
Have join today and made this delicious recipe for dinner. Wow is lovely!
However after browsing the meals and recipes I'm concern with the amount of fat (butter, cheese,oil...) and fried food!
I am glad that you enjoyed it! Here is a great article about why keto is high fat.
Chicken can be a good substitute for pork in most recipes.
That's going to depend on the recipe, as sufficient protein is very important. You can read more about keto as a vegetarian at this link - https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto/vegetarian
This recipe is 4g net carbs (after fiber) per serving.
You can use chicken broth.
Also i hate cauliflower
How i can change them ?
I love - tomatos , cocumbers, paprikca, cabbages, spinach, lettuce
Cabbage would be a good alternative. You may want to ask your grocer about the green beans. Perhaps they can help you find them or begin ordering them for you.
The type and amount of fat used for frying is usually up to the individual. Some people use oil, while others may prefer bacon grease or lard. Here's an article that may be helpful for you! https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/fat
Awesome! So glad you love it!
Healthy, quick, easy and delicious!!
Please add more easy recipes that feel, look and taste like restaurant chef dishes, pls. That’s the sustainable way for a diet without going to restaurants.
I also had a glass of rose pairing with my pork chop - I had to!
Family loved it!!
Thank you Diet Doctor team! :)
Awesome! Thank you for your message and great to hear that you enjoyed it!
Hi, Emily! Either would be fine!
Thank you for the great feedback. Feta can work well also, but doesn't have that same "punch" that the blue cheese gives.
Great! So glad you love it!