Keto pork chops with blue-cheese sauce
- 5 oz. 150 g blue cheese
- ¾ cup 175 ml heavy whipping cream or crème fraîche
- 4 4 pork choppork chops
- salt and pepper
- 7 oz. 200 g fresh green beans
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter, for frying
- Start by crumbling the cheese into a small pot over medium heat. Adjust heat as necessary to let it melt gently. Be careful not to let it burn.
- When the cheese has melted, add the cream and increase the heat a little. Let simmer for a few minutes.
- Season the chops with salt and pepper.
- Fry in a skillet on medium high heat for 2-3 minutes before flipping. Cook until internal temperature is 145°-160°F (63°-71°C). Set aside and cover with foil for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the pan juices into the cheese sauce. Stir and, if needed, heat it up again.
- As blue cheese is often fairly salty, taste the sauce before adding any additional salt.
- Trim and rinse the green beans. Fry them in butter for a few minutes on medium heat. Season with salt and pepper.
Mix things up a little bit! Any kind of meat, either bone-in or boneless, is delicious with this incredibly versatile meal. Try filet or chops. Try beef, pork or lamb. Even humble poultry like chicken or turkey gets kicked up a notch with this sauce. Just remember how much flavor the skin or fat of these meats brings to a dish—so definitely leave them on if you can!