Keto pork chops with blue cheese sauce
- 5 oz. 140 g blue cheese
- ¾ cup 180 ml
- 4 (21⁄3 lbs) 4 (1.1 kg) pork choppork chops
- salt and pepper
- 7 oz. 200 g
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter, for frying
- Start by crumbling the cheese into a small pot over medium heat. Adjust heat as necessary to let it melt gently. Be careful not to let it burn. When the cheese has melted, add the cream and increase the heat a little. Let simmer for a few minutes.
- Season the chops with salt and pepper. Fry in a skillet on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes before flipping. Cook until internal temperature is 145°-160°F (63°-71°C). Set aside and cover with foil for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the pan juices into the cheese sauce. Stir and, if needed, heat it up again. As blue cheese is often fairly salty, taste the sauce before adding any additional salt.
- Trim and rinse the green beans. Fry them in butter for a few minutes on medium heat. Season with salt and pepper.
Mix things up a little bit! Any kind of meat, either bone-in or boneless, is delicious with this incredibly versatile meal. Try filet or chops. Try beef, pork or lamb. Even humble poultry like chicken or turkey gets kicked up a notch with this sauce. Just remember how much flavor the skin or fat of these meats brings to a dish—so definitely leave them on if you can!