- 4 4 eggeggs
- 1½ cups (6 oz.) 350 ml (170 g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp unsweetened
- 1 tsp 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1¼ cups (6 oz.) 300 ml (170 g) shredded provolone cheese
- 1½ oz. 45 g pepperoni
- olives (optional)
- 2 oz. (1 cup) 55 g (230 ml) leafy greens
- ¼ cup 60 ml olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Start by making the crust. Crack eggs into a medium-sized bowl and add shredded cheese. Give it a good stir to combine.
- Use a spatula to spread the cheese and egg batter on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You can form two round circles or just make one large rectangular pizza. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until the pizza crust turns golden. Remove and let cool for a minute or two.
- Increase the oven temperature to 450°F (225°C).
- Spread tomato sauce on the crust and sprinkle oregano on top. Top with cheese and place the pepperoni and olives on top.
- Bake for another 5-10 minutes or until the pizza has turned a golden brown color.
- Serve with a fresh salad on the side.
Why is mozzarella cheese used for keto pizza crust?
For this recipe, cheese is necessary. Feel free to use other types of cheese, like goat cheese if you try to avoid cow's milk. You can also mix different kinds of cheese to find the flavor combination that works best for you.
Can I substitute eggs in keto pizza crust?
Unfortunately, eggs are necessary for this pizza crust recipe.
Is keto pizza crust gluten-free?
Yes! Every recipe on our website is gluten-free. We have many other pizza crust recipes to choose from. Check out the recipe carousel below for more!
What pizza sauces are low-carb?
This recipe uses a tomato sauce base, but you can also use pesto, alfredo sauce, or a homemade BBQ sauce. All recipes are available on our site.
If you choose a sauce that is pre-made make sure there is no added sugar.
What pizza toppings are low carb?
Low-carb and keto topping options are endless: bacon, salami, mushrooms, blue cheese, shredded chicken, sautéed onions, feta cheese… you know what you like!
How long will keto pizza keep in the fridge?
This pizza keeps for at least 2-3 days in the fridge and reheats great in the microwave.
Can I freeze keto pizza crust?
When you're in the process of baking this pizza, bake an extra plain crust or two and put it in the freezer. Put parchment paper in between the crusts if you're making more than one. Whenever you're in the mood for pizza, grab a crust, top it with whatever is in your fridge and bake it until bubbly and warm. Voila! Dinner in no time!
Can I use keto pizza crust for other recipes?
You can also use the crust as a wrap and fill it with anything you like, for example tuna salad, scrambled eggs, or your favorite deli meat and cheese for a quick meal on the go.