Keto pork chops with cabbage casserole
A delicious cabbage casserole with a juicy pork chop and a dollop of melting parmesan butter on top. A great keto meal!
- 2 lbs 900 g pork choppork chops
- salt and pepper
- 1 oz. 28 g butter
- 5 oz. 140 g butter
- ½ cup (11⁄3 oz.) 120 ml (40 g) shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 pinch 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 2 lbs 900 g green cabbage
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) yellow onionyellow onions
- 2 2 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- 3 oz. 85 g butter
- 1¼ cups 300 ml heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup 120 ml sour cream
- 5 oz. (2⁄3 cup) 140 g (150 ml) cream cheese
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp ranch seasoning
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1¼ cups (3½ oz.) 300 ml (100 g) shredded Parmesan cheese
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Take butter and pork chops out of the refrigerator and set them aside in room temperature for later.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Shred onion, garlic and green cabbage with a sharp knife or a mandolin slicer, or in a food processor.
- Heat a large frying pan and add butter. Sauté the vegetables soft for 10 minutes without letting them turn brown.
- Add heavy cream, sour cream, cream cheese and spices. Stir thoroughly and let simmer for another 5–10 minutes.
- Pour into a baking dish. Sprinkle the cheese on top and bake for 20 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients for the parmesan butter with a fork in a small bowl.
- Meanwhile, season the pork chops and fry or grill them until cooked through.
- Let the meat rest for a few minutes before serving with the casserole and parmesan butter.
An even simpler option is to have a couple of slices of roast beef or pastrami or a high-quality sausage.
For the casserole, I made the DD ranch recipe, which calls for salt and pepper. Other recipes have indicated to leave out salt and pepper if it's already in your spice mix. You shouldn't do that here. The recipe doesn't call for much of the spice mix, so the extra salt and pepper is needed.
I just halved the casserole recipe. Was brilliant! The paremsan butter is a game changer!!
Mostly the cabbage, but the onion, garlic, heavy whipping cream, sour cream, cream cheese, and shredded cheese all contribute carbs, as well.
That sounds great! So glad you liked the recipe.