Keto Asian meatballs with Thai basil sauce
- 20 oz. 600 g ground pork
- ½ ½ yellow onion, mincedyellow onions, minced
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 20 oz. 600 g green cabbage
- 2 oz. 50 g butter or coconut oil
- 1 oz. 30 g scallionscallions
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp water
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- 1 1 red chili pepperred chili peppers
- 2 oz. 50 g radishradishes
- 4⁄5 cup 200 ml mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh Thai basil, finely chopped
- Slice the chili pepper and scallions for the pickled onion salad. Mix rice vinegar, water and salt in a small bowl. Add chili and scallions and set aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Chop radishes finely and mix with the Thai basil and mayonnaise. Add salt and pepper to taste. Reserve.
- Preheat the oven to 200°F (100°C). Mix all meatball ingredients. Using wet hands, shape into 18-20 balls. Fry in oil until thoroughly cooked and golden brown. Keep warm in the oven.
- Shred the cabbage using a sharp knife, mandolin slicer or a food processor. Fry in butter or oil in a large skillet placed on medium high heat. Stir occasionally until the cabbage is browned, but still a bit chewy.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Plate the cabbage with the meatballs on top and serve the sauce and pickled onions on the side.
Switch it up! The Asian flavors in these versatile meatballs taste just as good with ground poultry. Chicken or turkey both work beautifully. Make extra! You can freeze the meatballs for up to 3 months, so leftovers won’t go to waste.