Keto Asian meatballs with Thai basil sauce
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp water
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- 1 oz. 30 g , thinly sliced, thinly sliced
- 1 1 red chili pepper, thinly sliced, width-wisered chili peppers, thinly sliced, width-wise
- ¾ cup 175 ml mayonnaise
- 2 oz. 50 g radish, finely choppedradishes, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh Thai basil, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1¼ lbs 550 g ground pork
- ½ ½ , minced, minced
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp (6 g) fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp 1 tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ cup 60 ml butter or coconut oil, for frying
- 20 oz. 550 g , finely shredded, or sliced
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 oz. 50 g butter or coconut oil, for sautéing
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°F (100°C).
- In a small bowl, whisk together the rice vinegar, water, and salt. Add the scallions and chili pepper. Mix together, and set aside.
- Mix the mayonnaise, Thai basil, and radishes together in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently mix together the meatball ingredients. Moisten hands with water, and shape into 1" (2.5 cm) balls, making about 8 meatballs per serving.
- Melt the butter or coconut oil in a large frying pan, over medium heat. Fry the meatballs for about 7 - 10 minutes, or until cooked through, and golden brown. Place in an oven-proof dish, cover with foil and move to the oven to keep warm.
- Using the same pan, melt the butter or coconut oil over medium-high heat. Add the shredded cabbage, salt, and pepper. Sautée until lightly browned, and tender.
- Place the cabbage on each plate, top with meatballs, and serve with the Thai basil sauce and pickled onions, on the side.
Pickled onion salad
Thai basil sauce
Switch it up: The Asian flavors in these versatile meatballs taste just as good with ground poultry, whether chicken or turkey - both work beautifully. Make extra! You can freeze the meatballs for up to 3 months, so leftovers won’t go to waste.