- 1½ lbs 650 g ground beef
- 1¾ cups (7 oz.) 425 ml (200 g) cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 2 tsp 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp 2 tsp paprika powder
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 2 oz. 55 g butter, for frying
- Chop up the salsa ingredients and stir together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Mix in seasoning and half the cheese into the ground beef, combining with hands or a wooden spoon until blended.
- Make four burgers and fry in a pan or grill if you prefer. Season with salt and pepper, and add the remaining cheese on top towards the end.
- Serve on lettuce with mayo, bacon, pickled jalapeños, dill pickle and mustard. And don't forget the homemade salsa!
Here's how to make your own super-healthy mayonnaise without soybean oil and additives.