- 1½ lbs 650 g ground beef
- 1 cup (4 oz.) 240 ml (110 g) cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 2 tsp 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp 2 tsp paprika powder
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter, for frying
- Chop up the salsa ingredients and stir them together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Add the seasoning and half the cheese to the ground beef. Combine using your hands or a wooden spoon.
- Make one burger per serving and pan fry or grill for 3-4 minutes on each side for a medium burger. Cook it longer if you prefer it more well done. Season with salt and pepper, and add the remaining cheese on top towards the end.
- Serve on a lettuce leaf with mayo, bacon, pickled jalapeños, dill pickle, and mustard. And don't forget the homemade salsa!
Here's how to make your own super-healthy mayonnaise without soybean oil and additives.