Bacon-wrapped keto meatloaf
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) , finely chopped, finely chopped
- 1½ lbs 650 g ground beef or ground turkey or ground pork
- ½ cup 120 ml
- 2 oz. (½ cup) 55 g (120 ml) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1 egg, beateneggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp dried oregano or dried basil
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 7 oz. 200 g sliced bacon
- 1¼ cups 300 ml
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Over medium heat, melt the butter in a frying pan. Add the onion and fry until soft, but not browned, and then set aside to cool.
- Mix the ground meat in a bowl. Add in the fried onion and all the other ingredients, except the bacon. Mix well, but avoid overworking it because this can make the end result too dense.
- Form into a loaf and place into a greased baking dish. Wrap the loaf in bacon.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for about 45 minutes. If the bacon begins to overcook before the meat is done, cover with aluminum foil and lower the heat a bit. If the bacon doesn’t appear to be completely done, broil the meatloaf for approximately 5 minutes.
Gravy and serving
- Save the juices that have accumulated in the baking dish, and use to make the gravy. Mix the juices and the cream in a smaller sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil and lower the heat and let simmer for 10–15 minutes until it has the right consistency. If you want, use a little tamari soy sauce to taste.
- Serve with freshly boiled broccoli or cauliflower with butter, salt and pepper or any other side dish of your choice.