Shrimp salad with hot bacon fat dressing
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp ghee or butter
- 1 lb 450 g medium shrimp, raw, peeled, and deveined
- 2 2 garlic clove, coarsely choppedgarlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 6 oz. (52⁄3 cups) 170 g (1.3 liters) fresh baby spinach
- 2 2 hard-boiled egg, choppedhard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 oz. 55 g bacon, cooked, and chopped
- 1 oz. 28 g Parmesan cheese, finely grated (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup 120 ml bacon fat or
- ¼ cup 60 ml apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ground black pepper
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, melt butter.
- Pat the shrimp dry with a paper towel to remove as much moisture as possible. Add the shrimp and the garlic to the skillet and sauté for 3-5 minutes until the shrimp are bright pink and thoroughly cooked. Remove shrimp from the heat.
- Equally distribute the spinach among the plates, followed by the hard-boiled eggs, bacon, shrimp, and parmesan cheese.
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, melt the bacon fat. Add the apple cider vinegar and remaining ingredients, whisking until well combined.
- Dress salad plates with hot bacon vinaigrette and serve immediately.
The dressing can be made ahead of time and warmed just before serving. Can refrigerate for up to 10 days. I like to store it in a mason jar so that I can shake it really well just before pouring it over my plate. At times we add a bit of grilled or roasted meat for a little more protein.