Shrimp salad with hot bacon fat dressing
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp ghee or butter
- 1 lb 450 g medium shrimp, raw, peeled, and deveined
- 2 2 garlic clove, coarsely choppedgarlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 6 oz. (52⁄3 cups) 170 g (1.3 liters) fresh baby spinach
- 2 2 hard-boiled egg, choppedhard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 oz. 55 g bacon, cooked, and chopped
- 1 oz. 28 g Parmesan cheese, finely grated (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup 120 ml bacon fat or light olive oil
- ¼ cup 60 ml apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ground black pepper
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, melt butter.
- Pat the shrimp dry with a paper towel to remove as much moisture as possible. Add the shrimp and the garlic to the skillet and sauté for 3-5 minutes until the shrimp are bright pink and thoroughly cooked. Remove shrimp from the heat.
- Equally distribute the spinach among the plates, followed by the hard-boiled eggs, bacon, shrimp, and parmesan cheese.
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, melt the bacon fat. Add the apple cider vinegar and remaining ingredients, whisking until well combined.
- Dress salad plates with hot bacon vinaigrette and serve immediately.
The dressing can be made ahead of time and warmed just before serving. Can refrigerate for up to 10 days. I like to store it in a mason jar so that I can shake it really well just before pouring it over my plate. At times we add a bit of grilled or roasted meat for a little more protein.
Since it specifies chopped bacon, this is 2oz cooked and chopped bacon.
This is a favorite in our family as well!
You can use any other meat/protein that sound appealing to you.
I would recommend getting started with our two week challenge. Where you see shellfish, you can swap out for other protein of your choice.
Thanks so much for your feedback. We've listened, re-tested this recipe, and improved it. We hope once you try it again yourself, you'll notice the difference — and love it as much as we do.
/The recipe team
P.S. To keep the comments section up-to-date, we've gone ahead and removed any comments regarding the now-resolved issues. Thanks!
I 'winged' it and thought it was a delicious salad for the two of us.
Great to hear that it was delicious! The garlic should be added in step 2 (the recipe got updated now).