Spinach salad with hot bacon fat dressing
- 6 cups 1.5 liters fresh spinach
- 2 2 hard-boiled egg, choppedhard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 oz. 50 g chopped bacon
- 1⁄3 cup 75 ml parmesan cheese, finely grated (optional)
- ½ cup 125 ml bacon fat or light olive oil
- ¼ cup 60 ml apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ground black pepper
- Wash the spinach and remove tough ends. Dry the leaves. Divide the spinach evenly among four salad plates.
- Top with hard-boiled eggs and bacon divided evenly among the plates. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top if desired.
- Use a small saucepan to heat the bacon fat. Whisk in the apple cider vinegar and remaining ingredients. Serve warm and mix just before pouring.
- Dress salad plates with hot bacon fat vinaigrette and serve immediately.
The dressing can be made ahead of time and warmed just before serving. Can refrigerate for up to 10 days. I like to store it in a mason jar so that I can shake it really well just before pouring it over my plate. At times we add a bit of grilled or roasted meat for a little more protein.