Shrimp salad with hot bacon fat dressing
- 6 oz. 175 g fresh spinach
- 2 oz. 50 g bacon, chopped
- 2 2 hard-boiled egg, choppedhard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 lb 450 g medium shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp ghee or butter
- 1 oz. 30 g parmesan cheese, finely grated (optional)
- ½ cup 125 ml bacon fat or light olive oil
- ¼ cup 60 ml apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ground black pepper
- Wash the spinach and remove tough ends. Dry the leaves. Divide the spinach evenly among the plates.
- Fry the bacon in a pan on medium high heat until crispy.
- Top spinach with hard-boiled eggs and bacon divided evenly.
- Pat the shrimp dry with a towel to remove as much moisture as possible. In a large skillet, melt the ghee over high heat. Toss the shrimp into the skillet and saute for 3-5 minutes until the shrimp are bright pink and thoroughly cooked.
- Divide the shrimp among the plates, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Use a small saucepan to heat the bacon fat. Whisk in the apple cider vinegar and remaining ingredients. Serve warm and mix just before pouring.
- Dress salad plates with hot bacon fat vinaigrette and serve immediately.
The dressing can be made ahead of time and warmed just before serving.
Can refrigerate for up to 10 days. I like to store it in a mason jar so that I can shake it really well just before pouring it over my plate. At times we add a bit of grilled or roasted meat for a little more protein.