Spinach salad with hot bacon fat dressing
- 6 cups 1.5 liters fresh spinach
- 2 2 hard-boiled egg, choppedhard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 oz. 50 g chopped bacon
- 1⁄3 cup 75 ml parmesan cheese, finely grated (optional)
- ½ cup 125 ml bacon fat or light olive oil
- ¼ cup 60 ml apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ground black pepper
- Wash the spinach and remove tough ends. Dry the leaves. Divide the spinach evenly among four salad plates.
- Top with hard-boiled eggs and bacon divided evenly among the plates. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top if desired.
- Use a small saucepan to heat the bacon fat. Whisk in the apple cider vinegar and remaining ingredients. Serve warm and mix just before pouring.
- Dress salad plates with hot bacon fat vinaigrette and serve immediately.