Fresh creamed spinach
Simple can steal the show! This easy low carb side dish takes center stage on any plate. It’s simple, but rich and filling. Serve it with any type of protein — pork, beef, chicken, or fish, for a quick keto meal.
- 1 oz. 28 g butter, divided
- ¼ (1 oz.) ¼ (28 g) yellow onion, mincedyellow onions, minced
- 12 oz. (11 cups) 350 g (2.75 liters) fresh spinach, rinsed, trimmed, and dried
- 2 oz. (4 tbsp) 55 g (55 ml) cream cheese
- ¼ cup 60 ml heavy whipping cream
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ oz. (2¾ tbsp) 14 g (40 ml) fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Melt half of the butter in a large skillet, over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach to the skillet. As it cooks down, add the rest of the butter, garlic powder, cream cheese, and heavy cream. Stir until the cream cheese has melted and the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Remove from heat and top with the freshly grated parmesan, just before serving.