Fresh creamed spinach
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter
- ¼ ¼ yellow onion, mincedyellow onions, minced
- 12 oz. 350 g fresh spinach, rinsed, trimmed, and dried
- 1 oz. 30 g butter
- 2 oz. 50 g cream cheese
- ¼ cup 60 ml heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup 60 ml chicken broth
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ oz. 15 g fresh parmesan cheese, shredded
- In a large skillet on medium heat, melt the butter. Add the onion and sauté until just tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach to the skillet. As it cooks down, add the butter, cream cheese, and heavy cream. Stir the cream cheese and cream until melted.
- Pour in the chicken broth. Add the garlic powder and stir until smooth and creamy.
- Remove from heat and top with the freshly grated parmesan just before serving.