Fresh creamed spinach
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter
- ¼ (1 oz.) ¼ (28 g) , minced, minced
- 12 oz. (11 cups) 350 g (2.75 liters) fresh spinach, rinsed, trimmed, and dried
- 1 oz. 28 g butter
- 2 oz. 55 g cream cheese
- ¼ cup 60 ml
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ½ oz. 14 g fresh parmesan cheese, shredded
- Melt the butter in a large skillet, over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach to the skillet. As it cooks down, add the butter, garlic powder, cream cheese, and heavy cream. Stir until the cream cheese has melted and the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Remove from heat and top with the freshly grated parmesan, just before serving.