Roasted spring vegetables with eggs and browned butter
Let these vibrant roasted spring veggies bring life to any plate. They're perfect with beef, pork, poultry or fish. We’re feeling all the low carb feels for them… year ‘round! Seconds? Yes, please!
- ¾ lb (22⁄3 cups) 325 g (600 ml) carrotcarrots
- 1 lb 450 g green asparagus
- ½ lb (21⁄3 cups) 220 g (500 ml) scallionscallions
- ¼ cup 60 ml olive oil
- 2 2 eggeggs
- ¼ cup 60 ml chopped fresh sage
- salt and pepper
- 3 oz. 85 g butter
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Preheat your oven to 450°F (225°C). Rinse and trim the vegetables. Place them on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil on top; season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the chopped sage and place in the oven for about 20 minutes until the vegetables are roasted.
- In the meantime, boil the eggs for 10 minutes so they are hard boiled. Quickly place them in cold water when done so they are easier to peel.
- Remove the shell and chop the eggs into small pieces.
- Brown the butter over medium heat until it has a deep amber color and a nutty smell. It should only brown, not burn, so pay close attention.
- Place the roasted vegetables on a serving platter and decorate with the chopped eggs. Finish by drizzling the browned butter over the eggs and veggies.
For roasting asparagus, the thicker the better!
This is from our liberal low carb recipe collection, as indicated by the red circle around the carb count.
You can read more about that here - https://www.dietdoctor.com/how-low-carb-is-low-carb
The recipe as written makes 6 servings, so divide into 6 equal portions.