Let these vibrant roasted spring veggies bring life to any plate. They're perfect with beef, pork, poultry or fish. We’re feeling all the low-carb feels for them… year ‘round! Seconds? Yes, please!
- ¾ lb 350 g carrotcarrots
- 1 lb 450 g green asparagus
- ½ lb 225 g scallionscallions
- 4 tablespoons 60 ml olive oil
- 2 2 eggeggs
- 4 tablespoons 60 ml chopped fresh sage
- salt and pepper
- 3 oz. 75 g butter
- Preheat your oven to 450°F (225°C). Rinse and trim the vegetables. Place them on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil on top; season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the chopped sage and place in the oven for about 20 minutes until the vegetables are roasted.
- In the meantime, boil the eggs for 10 minutes so they are hard boiled. Quickly place them in cold water when done so they are easier to peel.
- Remove the shell and chop the eggs into small pieces.
- Brown the butter over medium heat until it has a deep amber color and a nutty smell. It should only brown, not burn, so pay close attention.
- Place the roasted vegetables on a serving platter and decorate with the chopped eggs. Finish by drizzling the browned butter over the eggs and veggies.
For roasting asparagus, the thicker the better!